How to stock your kitchen.

Options
tacey21
tacey21 Posts: 73 Member
I've been out of the game for a year and I need help stocking my kitchen with healthy, convenient foods!
So any ideas would be great... things to have on hand for snacks, good recipes... anything. Help!

I have access to regular grocery stores, Trader Joes, farmers markets, and a killer asian market... so I have access to variety... I just am stuck.

Replies

• studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm stuck on these for snacks!

Almonds
    Blueberries
    Peaches
    Light String Cheese
    Tomatoes/Cucumbers

Oh! And I found these wonderful Pepperidge Farms Deli Flats for sandwiches! They're 100 cals and have protein and fiber in them. They're soft and tasty. I get the whole grain wheat kind!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    poultry and fish, Morning Star chickne pattys or and of them are good, also lean cuisines, great for those days you dont have time to cook, frozen and fresh veggies, seasonal fruit. Snacks 100 calorie packed almonds, 100 calorie popcorn, cliff bars or any energy bars, yogurts, kashi strawberry field cereal, skim or soy milk, splenda or no calorie sweetners. Can goods black beans, tuna, low sodium tomato sauces. Cooking spray, seasonings (low or no sodium) Sugar free fat free puddings, jello.

The list goes on and on. Plan your menu, find some healthy recipes and buy those ingredients.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I always have pantry staples
    brown rice
    quinoa
    canned beans(fastest veggie protien thats minamally processed)\
    Fire roasted red tomaotes(fantastic addition to ANY meal

Freezer
    Every frozen vegetable on earth...must be organic
    Frozen Fruit(same as above)

Although I do go for fresh when its local and available
  • stongue
    stongue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great post! These are all great suggestions! I don't have anything to add as I'm just in the beginning stages of my new program. I do like the coco pops rice cakes that are sold in our stores here. They actually make them right at the store. They are large, only 16 calories each.