Its Friday Night && I Need Low Cal Drink Ideas

Options
So long story short.... my week has been hell, its friday, && I need a drink!

help a sister out with some low calorie ideas. anything works for me i like beer wine and hard liquor.

Replies

• fwilson1031
    Options
    bacardi and diet....
    whiskey and water or diet...
    skinny girl wine or margarita are pretty good...
    Fridays I cheat! I log it all, but tend not to worry about my cals since I know I will be drinking most of them!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Most liquor is about 70 cal per oz.
    Wine is 125 for a 5 oz. glass.
    Beer calories vary widely depending on what you like.
    I stay away from sweet drinks because I don't particularly like them and there are a lot of calories. I stick with club soda, water, or diet drinks for mixing even though I don't typically like diet drinks.
    http://getdrunknotfat.com

I will probably have a glass of wine with dinner and a rye and soda later. It has been one hell of a week for me, too!
  • jdyer90
    jdyer90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When I go out I usually stick to vodka and soda water. It does the job and with a lime it's really refreshing :).... Stay away from the flavored stuff though, they have to add syrup for flavor which just means more calories!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Carry some Crystal light packets and order vodka soda, mix in half a packet, stir and drink.
  • ddeleonm09
    ddeleonm09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Carry some Crystal light packets and order vodka soda, mix in half a packet, stir and drink.

I have to try this! Thanks for the idea. :)
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yukon Jack on the rocks (69 cals/oz.) - do NOT overdue it and enjoy your weekend.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Seltzer and Lemon or Lime.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    shots, shots, shots! ... with Tonic water and lemon
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Vodka with soda water and limes
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    my go-to drinks are brut champagne and vodka martinis (these are crazy low in carbs), but search the database and check out the cals too.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I always drink vodka and diet coke, doesn't give me a hangover either.
  • acidaqua
    acidaqua Posts: 4
    Options
    Brew some tasty herbal fruit tea (decaf pls) and mix with vodka for a killer martini!

**always squeeze lime or lemon juice in it! its wonderful!

I am getting in the mood for one now!!
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet coke or Malibu and diet coke work for me!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    captain and diet...
  • Lauramh31
    Lauramh31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like vodka soda with lime. Vodka and diet tonic is ok too but most places don't have diet tonic so I stick to soda. I love the previous poster's idea of crystal light - I'll have to try that. One of my friends (when making drinks at home) mixes vodka and G2 which is a similar idea. I think I remember reading that vodka has either fewer calories or less sugar than rum, which makes it a better choice for dieters.

My favorite is wine though so I'll have a couple of glasses of red wine - you just have to budget for it in your calories I guess, but at least red wine (allegedly) has some health benefits too :)
    Some beers aren't that bad - there is one called ____64 (miller? mgd?) and I think amstel light has 70-something calories, bud select (if that's still around) has fewer calories.

Here is a random fun fact I recently learned: Guiness has fewer calories than Corona! Who knew? So don't shy away from darker beers if that's what you like and maybe stay away from Coronas (and definitely margaritas) on Cinco de Mayo next month ;)
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i've done this and highly recommend them too. the lime margarita mix is incredible w vodka.
  • NessTex
    NessTex Posts: 1
    Options
    Wine, beer , and hard liquor! That's my kind of friend!!!
  • jdyer90
    jdyer90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I never thought of that!
  • avaandelliesmom
    Options
    Vodka and Tonic water with a couple lime wedges.