Been at the same weight for weeks!

Options
I've been at the same weight for weeks now and I go work out 3 or 4 days a week, cut my calories to 1200 - 1400 a day, and drink tons of water. I don't know what else to do... any suggestions? It's really starting to aggravate me!

Replies

• Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary as it's private; what are you eating? I counted calories for a long time (always aimed for around 1200) and never reached the results I wanted--wasn't even close. Only when I started watching *what* I was eating rather than how much I was eating did I really start to lose weight. Meat/protein, veggies, healthy fats, nuts, and cheese all put me back into my weight in high school. I would trust my body more than the calorie tracker.

ETA: Also, I don't use sugar other than Splenda for baking, I don't eat bread/pasta/rice (if I have bread, then it's baked with almond flour or similar, not all-purpose). Hope this helps!
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    Eat more.
  • Clarissia_Nicole
    Clarissia_Nicole Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise do you do? If you do a lot of strength, maybe you're gaining muscle and it's affecting your numbers. Do you take measurements? My personal suggestion would be to crank up your workouts with some intense cardio, push yourself outside of your comfort zone. And on the days that you work out, eat back the calories you burned.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Your profile mentions being busy and tired. Stress and lack of sleep can affect weight loss. In order to combat those negative effects, you need to eat whole foods and enough of them to fuel your busy lifestyle. If you have a large campus, your activity level should be at least moderately active. Set your goal to lose 1-1.5 lbs. per week.Then, you should eat back the calories you are burning through exercise. As you eat more, and better, you will find that all of those other things in your life are easier to do.

Eating well does not mean eating a lot of "diet food," it means eating a lot of veggies, whole grains if you are going to eat any bread, pasta or cereal, and plenty of protein. Healthy fats, like olive oil, avocados and nuts help keep your body functioning properly, as well.
  • michellek07
    Options
    I have been watching what I'm eating... Meat, veggies, fruit, greek yogurt, going easy on bread and no pasta. Also I go to nursing school so 3 or 4 days out of the week I sit in lecture (not moving much). Also I haven't updated my profile in awhile but I have been getting adequate sleep now. I haven't been taking measurements but I do cardio classes like kickboxing, hip hop, and zumba, not much weight lifting.