No weight loss not even inches :(

Okay so ive been dieting and exercising like a crazy person for almost 45 days. I have lost about 15 pounds. I weigh myself every friday and have been losing weight at every weigh in. But not this week. I lost no weight at all!!! Im so discouraged because I have been working out hard. Ive been eating about 1000 calories a day and burning about 700 day so I dont know what i am doing. I watch my carbs to. I keep my carbs under 40 grams a day. Am I not eating enough or what. Im never hungry. I only eat cause I know i have to. I eat 5 small meals a day every 4 hours.

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    If you are eating 1000 cals and burning 700 that is giving you a net of about 300 a day. Can your body survive on this ........nope. you are suppose to be eating those exercise cals back. so you should be eating 1700 cals.
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Weight loss is not linear, but the math will check out. I am guessing that it is simply water retention and the like. I wouldnt worry about it too much until its happened for 2-3 weeks.

I am guessing that your metabolism has basically stalled as much as it can. I would recommend upping calories a little bit and work on building a little muscle.

However I am sure someone else will come along with better advice.
  • stepgonz
    stepgonz Posts: 48 Member
    I know but im really never hungry and i do eat very often. Very clean eating too. I eat 5 ounces of fish or chicken per meal plus like 2 cups veggies per meal. I guess this next week I will up my calories and keep same workout to see if that helps any
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    you are eating far too few calories. the minimum you should be netting a day 1200, and you are netting 300...not good for your body at all! I would suggest visiting scoobyworkshop.com to find out how many calories a day you should actually be eating and follow it. you are not fuelling your workouts properly (and at 1000 calories a day you are probably not even fuelling your regular day to day activities properly). if your body feels it is being deprived of nutrition it will hold onto fat in order to conserve it for later. Upping your caloric intake will help.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    I know but im really never hungry and i do eat very often. Very clean eating too. I eat 5 ounces of fish or chicken per meal plus like 2 cups veggies per meal. I guess this next week I will up my calories and keep same workout to see if that helps any

It doesn't matter if you are eating 2 meals a day or 6 you are simply not eating enough. 300 cals for your body to survive a day is not enough, even if you are obese and have plenty of fat stores it's still not enough.

Edited to say I am all for eating low cal but this is just dangerously low.