Help

Options
Hey Guys!

I am new to all this. I am trying to figure out snacks that are high in carbs, but low in protein & sugar. Fruit makes my sugar go crazy over, and I am over in protein almost everyday!

Help a newbie out!

Replies

• kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein. MFP sets it too low.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Okay what you are doing is good! High protein is great don't change a thing. You want low fat and carbs.

Oh and sugar is carbs?
  • brittanikerns
    Options
    I am low in everything usually but Protein. My sugar is rarely over, but if it is it's like 3 or 4. I just wonder because everyday I'm under my calories by 500. If I'm hungry and want something else nothing fits the sugar and protein.

For example-

I have 859 calories left.

I only have
    Remaining 859 131 27 2 202 -3
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar

My sugar is over from fruit.
  • srpink26
    srpink26 Posts: 9
    Options
    Good carbs are well, GOOD! That's where we get our energy from! One of my favorite snacks is a greek yogurt with granola mixed inside. I also have had a small bowl of oatmeal sweetened with stevia for a snack. And I wouldn't worry too much about natural sugars found in fruit and veggies. And veggies are great snacks! Ounce for ounce broccoli has more protein than a steak. Crazy huh?
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Eat a snack with protein!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head an english muffin might suffice.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    FYI when you read a label just look at the total carbs. It includes the sugar on the label. Protein balanced with a complex carb like Brown rice will lower sugar spikes and will keep your blood sugar more stable rather than a roller coaster. Fats should be your least % macro.

If you are strength training you need protein.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein. MFP sets it too low.

I'm new here too and thought that it seemed low! Thanks for confirming!