Crustless quiche?

Options
kikirichards
kikirichards Posts: 16 Member
Hi, i was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for a recipe for a crustless quiche,
just a simple one that i could easily chop and change to suit fussy children but still have a meal we could all enjoy once in a while.

thank you

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Most still have a small amount of flour, but without all the added fat of traiditional quiche. Here is an example: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=308291

Also, check out frittata recipes. Basically, quiche made in a frying pan, but you need sturdy pans that are oven safe.
  • kikirichards
    kikirichards Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Try the Bisquick one.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I make a crustless quiche with just veggies, eggs, milk, and cheese.

I use asparagus and red pepper mostly, but I have used other veggies.

So I do:

1 bunch asparagus
    1 red pepper
    6 eggs
    1/4 cup any shredded cheese
    1/4 cup milk

Mix everything together and bake in a sprayed pie plate, 350* for 45 minutes. Let it sit for 10-15 before cutting into it.
  • sraffel
    sraffel Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I use the following:

4 eggs + 2 whites, beaten
    3 cups (1 large container) lowfat cottage cheese
    10 oz frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
    10 oz frozen broccoli, defrosted and drained
    8 oz colby cheese, cubed
    3 tbsp flour

Mix all ingredients together, and season to taste (I usually throw some basil in).
    Spread mixture into 9x13 baking dish.
    Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.

I cut it into 8 servings. macros per serving are: 248 cal / 10 carb / 13 fat / 23 protein. You could change the vegetables to suit you. I often freeze individual servings and find it heats up fairly well.
  • raspberryblonde
    Options
    I spray the pan with Pam (or butter it, if I'm living dangerously) and then shake around some grated Parmesan (the kind from the plastic container - we do not stand on ceremony in my kitchen!), kind of like greasing and flouring a cake pan, before pouring in my quiche mixture. I also add a little bit of flour to the eggs to stabilize the mixture. I've been doing it for years, but not necessarily for nutritional reasons - pie crust is my culinary kryptonite!

Darn it, now it's 8pm, and I want quiche!
  • cjjc1001
    cjjc1001 Posts: 27
    Options
    I make crust-less quiche all the time, or oven fratattas..whatever you wanna call it. Just take all of your ingredients that you'd be baking into the quiche and just pour it in a pie or casserole pan :)
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My recipe makes a large 13x9 pan (I use glass Pyrex) that feeds us four big eaters. It makes six servings of about 180 cals each.

I use:

1 500ml carton of egg whites ( egg beaters)
    1/4 cup milk
    1 chopped red pepper
    1 tray mushrooms
    1 onion chopped
    90g shredded cheddar
    60g crumbled feta
    Either chopped ham or turkey bacon

Sautée the veggies until soft and add to the bottom of a pan that has been sprayed with Pam. I try to drain all water from the veggies first so eggs arent watery. Give the meat a quick fry then add on top. Mix eggs and milk with salt and pepper to taste then pour on top of veggies. Top with cheeses and bake @350 for 30 mins or untill center is set and top browns a bit.

You can easily change ingredients or half the recipe. I have fussy kids too :laugh: I have also had success with a drained tub of cottage cheese added to the egg mixture for more protein.