I've found the Chipotle holy grail!

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Everyone, I am NOT advocating cutting the meat and REPLACING with beans. I am saying, get beans anyway (like most people do) and skip the meat. The reason I do this personally is because I have issues with meat grossing me out midway through a meal and not being able to keep eating

Two things:

1) Wut.

2) ....... Wut.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    that's amazing
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I get mine without rice. Just black beans, double the fajita veggies, no meat, all the salsas including corn, and guacamole. Then I add more Chipotle Tabasco than is really necessary, but oh my goodness, I love that stuff.

That is only when I'm watching my calories. If I'm cheating, I'll get: White rice, black beans, fajita veggies, steak, all the salsas, cheese, sour cream, and guac. The chipotle tabasco goes without saying.
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of the vegetarian burrito bowl, with brown rice and salsa....I can skip the sour cream/cheese/guac and it is still yummy!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    LOL u live under a rock?

this. hahaha :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Everyone, I am NOT advocating cutting the meat and REPLACING with beans. I am saying, get beans anyway (like most people do) and skip the meat. The reason I do this personally is because I have issues with meat grossing me out midway through a meal and not being able to keep eating

Two things:

1) Wut.

2) ....... Wut.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    No meat is just crazy talk.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Everyone, I am NOT advocating cutting the meat and REPLACING with beans. I am saying, get beans anyway (like most people do) and skip the meat.

1311_view.jpg
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    skip beans, get triple meat
    Way more protein and deliciousness
  • freebird777
    Options
    Since I've joined MFP I've been feeling like a tiny little "meat only compliments my diet occasionally" fish swimming in a sea filled with meat obsessed ultra carnivores. I'm scared. Please don't eat me. Eat some kale and quinoa instead.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I saw Chipotle and thought this was about the wonderful smoked jalapenos in adobo sauce... need to make another viniagrette from some chipotle peppers and EVOO... Mmmmm! I don't really care to eat out that often its always possible to find a decent choice at most places especially chains with nutrition facts available online. Look it up before you go and prepare to succeed
  • jenlatham
    jenlatham Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bean eaters unite :smile:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Since I've joined MFP I've been feeling like a tiny little "meat only compliments my diet occasionally" fish swimming in a sea filled with meat obsessed ultra carnivores. I'm scared. Please don't eat me. Eat some kale and quinoa instead.

nom nom nom
  • freebird777
    Options

nom nom nom

Eat your cat first. A healthy, natural source of protein right there in your own home.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options

I eat kale, quinoa, and meat. I don't discriminate against tasty things.

Oh, and am I the only one that prefers barbacoa over the chicken and steak?
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Funny. That's EXACTLY what I get whenever I go to Chipotle. I realized a long time ago that I prefer the vegetarian option there. It tastes much better.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

My preference would be steak > carnitas > barbacoa > chicken > meatless.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

My preference would be steak > carnitas > barbacoa > chicken > vegetarians > cats > meatless.

Fixed
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    No meat. Skip the meat. It adds calories. You're going to get a ton of protein from the beans. There's just no reason for it. No meat.

Uh, there is plenty good reason for it. It tastes good. It tastes very good. I'll take the meat over their shredded cheese and rice any day, thank you. I understand skipping out on the meat if you're a vegetarian, but your reasoning seems to be "omg the evil calories", which amuses me because rice. :tongue:

Thanks for sharing, though. :flowerforyou:
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    lol Did you forget to tell us how many grams of fat on purpose?

I go with a salad (no dressing)- Lettuce, EXTRA fajita veggies, steak AND chicken (MEAT!! Its what's for dinner!!) and mild salsa (The salsa works well in place of dressing)

430 Cals, 14g fat, 13g carbs, a *kitten* ton of sodium, and 65g protein

Take THAT holy grail! :drinker: