I *was* going to wait til after Easter to join, but...

Options
Hi everyone!

As I say in my title, I was all set to join MFP after Easter, but man, I can't feel like this again... I've lost a lot of weight, but I've gained over 40lbs back. I'm eating badly and it's making me unhappy, and that's no good. So I've joined today, nearly midnight on the Easter hols (not the best time, eh?) to get myself sorted and back on track. I know I can do this because I've already proved I can. All I have to do now is get back into that right frame of mind and get back to the weight I was a year ago. I don't want to feel this bad again and disappointed in myself again.

So, anyone want a new friend? :) I'm here to support others as well, to learn, motivate and be motivated, join in with challenges, get things done and help others get their stuff done. And hey, if you ever want to talk about books you can add me too :)

I would love some pals on here, so let me know if you want to be friends :) Oh, and I'll be starting the 30 Day Shred in the next few days, so if you're doing that or starting that then I'd love to join you.

And happy Easter, to those who celebrate it :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome to MFP! I'm Rachel, and have been here off and on since June 2011, but have been really active since last December. I think this is the perfect time to join, even if it is Easter. That just shows how determined you are about meeting your goals. I've fallen off the wagon a few times myself, and was not too happy about it, but I am slowly learning how to deal with stress and not eat everything in sight when things go wrong. I love to read, although I haven't done much reading lately. I'm here to offer any support that you need!

Happy Easter to you!!
  • let_it_rock
    Options
    Thank you :D Very much appreciated :)
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I would love a new friend! I am proud of you for not waiting till after Easter. The best time to start is 20 years ago, the next best time is now! We can support each other! And Happy Easter, I do celebrate it!!
  • let_it_rock
    Options
    Thank you :D
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I've learned that you have to eat foods you enjoy, just in moderation. There is nothing wrong with having some Easter chocolate....break a small piece off, weigh it and log it. Then put the rest away out of site, nibble your chocolate to make it last and have water with it.

Holidays don't scare me anymore, I have a new respect for food and enjoy creating new recipes and modifying unhealthy ones. I try to do as much cooking from scratch so I know exactly what is in my food. It's been a huge help.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You've come to the right place. I sort of know where you coming from. I've been gaining and losing the same five pounds since november . Spring is here though so lets get a move on!
  • Shani_Shoo
    Shani_Shoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I am so much like you.
  • FMUP
    FMUP Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm new here, after using another tool that was updated and the updates didn't work well... Anyway... I''ve lost 42 pounds since I started dieting this time last year and want to loose 30 more - but IT IS BRUTAL! I've been off track for a while now and while I haven't gained weight, I haven't lost any either... I seem to be yo-yoing between 5 pounds & it is frustrating. I have reached that plateau stage :sad: .

So this morning, I'm doing the dreaded exercise...I hate to exercise - but I have figured out that I won't loose anymore weight without exercising. So... off I go with my dog, into the cold...

Anyway - that's the long way of saying "YOU CAN DO THIS!" Weight is just another one of life's challenges and if you did it before, you can do it again!

Peace to you!
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi Great decision to join now and don't wait.. It is a struggle believe me i know. I have lost 70 lbs 100 lbs and put it all back because of stress or lack of support .. But you have to keep going.. there are times i have wanted to give up and i slumped for awhile.. but i am back now .. so best of luck and yes i would love to be your friend we all need more support
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Any time you decide to improve your health is the "right time"...so welcome! I understand the lose-gain dilemma perfectly and decided (once again) to never do that to myself. I'm worth more than that...and I'm feeling so much better that as long as I keep that "in my head"...I feel this is the last time. I still have a bit to go, but I've also worked on maintaining and settling in to each new weight. I go up and down by a few pounds then finally seem to stick before moving down a little again. That's fine since I'm learning along the way what works and what doesn't.

I recently (2 days ago!) completed the 30 Day Shred. Now I'll do each level once a week, alternating with Ripped in 30 or other Jillian programs. I thought I had settled in to my final weight since I'd stuck around it for 8 months...but with the added 30DS I began to drop pounds again. So if you have any questions or need "an ear", I'm available!

Have a wonderful Easter, enjoy yourself, and log everything...that seems to help keep your choices wiser. Also, a few bites of something delicious is even more enjoyable than overdoing it and that "stuffed" feeling. The idea isn't to deny, but to savor in smaller amounts. Good luck. :flowerforyou:

By the way...I think a chocolate rabbit is going to lose his ears tomorrow (yum)...but I'll be logging it! :laugh:
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    It seems many of us are in the same boat we lose we gain we get up brush off the negative and start again. I think it's great that you didn't wait until after Easter, there's no time like the present.

I've been at this life change for 4 years now, I lost the first half of my goal, maintained for a year then sort of slacked off and gained back 13-15lbs. I decided on Christmas eve that I'd had enough and wanted my energetic happy self back. The biggest gain from all of this has been finding myself on this journey, I wouldn't go back for anything!

So I say welcome aboard!
  • let_it_rock
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the adds and these lovely messages: very much appreciated :)