Ripped in 30 or 6 week 6 pack?

Options
I'm trying to decide which of Jillian's videos to do next... I want to focus on abs... anyone recommend one over the other?

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    These titles amuse me because you can't be Ripped in 30 or get a 6 pack in 6 weeks. Just do one and then switch to the other when you're done with the first. The order probably doesn't matter.
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    the 6 week 6 pack sounds more realistic. I would do the ripped in 30 to get a head start, and then continue with the more long term workout to repeat if necessary to keep the six pack up. Unfortunately, once you get it, it needs to be maintained.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I've never done 6 week 6 pack but I'm sure it has more ab work than ripped in 30. I'm doing ripped in 30 now and there are a lot of plank variations, some ab work, squat variations and arm work. Its more of a total body workout. You don't really get ripped but I am a hell of a lot stronger than I was before i started. If you own both dvds I suggest trying each once and then decide. You might be able to find them on youtube.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I've done 30 day shred and just did 6 week 6 pack for the first time about an hour ago. Obviously, these titles can be misleading but I'm sure you lose inches with any of them. You could try alternating them. RI30 is not on Youtube but 6week6pack is.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    These titles amuse me because you can't be Ripped in 30 or get a 6 pack in 6 weeks. Just do one and then switch to the other when you're done with the first. The order probably doesn't matter.

Why must you crush my dreams? :sad:
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    6W6P definitely focuses more on your core. my abs are always sore the day after that one--and i'm a pilates lover, so i was skeptical!! i like Ripped in 30 for overall muscle work; 6W6P if i really want to focus in on abs. I feel like the intensity level is very similar on both.

(I agree that you can't get a six pack in six weeks, but I will say that my abs, which are quite close to the surface but not always visible, have greater definition several hours after having done 6W6P--they get that "pumped" look)
  • Jul685
    Jul685 Posts: 81
    Options
    Thanks!
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Is 6 week 6 pack an total body workout or just abs?
  • ouluann
    ouluann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have tried JM Ripped in 30 and also her 30 Day Shred......I think they are ok, BUT I LOVE HIP HOP ABS, Shaun T is great, the work out is really good and he is actually NICE about it. PS, Im in my 60's...........
  • Jul685
    Jul685 Posts: 81
    Options
    Is 6 week 6 pack an total body workout or just abs?

It sounds like it focuses more on core... hmm. maybe I'll alternate.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I know this post is a few weeks old, but it's funny, I had the same question. I finished 30DS a few weeks ago and then joined a gym-- however, I'm concerned I'm not getting a "core" work-out at the gym like I was with 30DS. So, I wanted to add in one of these on the days I work out at home. Thanks for the comments folks :bigsmile: