Workout DVDs for Strength Training Purposes?

Options
Hi everyone!

I have always been a cardio fanatic but more and more, I'm realizing how important weight lifting/strength training is to losing weight and looking good.

Does anyone have recommendations for good Strength Training/Weight Lifting DVDs?

I have already finished Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and am looking for something new and challenging to try.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    P90X is a good program. So is Chalean Extreme. I've done both and I really enjoyed them, and I saw good results doing them, as well.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    The Dailey Method, "Dailey Now."

It's a comnbation of Pilates, ballet, and physical therapy. OMG is it difficult.

I have never ever had an exercise CD that it took me more than a month to master, partly because I have a high pain tolerance and partly because I build muscle like crazy. But that dang CD has been in my laptop since December and the farthest I've ever gotten through it without taking an unscheduled break was 32 minutes.

It looks so easy, too. Do a plank? Sure. But you keep holding it. And holding it. And holding it. You have the option to lift one leg up behind you while you do it, she says (yeah, right). And then you stretch out a bit, and then you do a couple more exercises, and then you go back into that plank again.

And then you do a few more exercises and you do that plank AGAIN, and that's when I lie down for a while.

And that's just the arm stuff. That's the easy part.

You won't build big muscles, but you will get so. Strong.
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have always been a cardio fanatic but more and more, I'm realizing how important weight lifting/strength training is to losing weight and looking good.

Does anyone have recommendations for good Strength Training/Weight Lifting DVDs?

I have already finished Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and am looking for something new and challenging to try.

Thanks in advance!
    Collage Video is a good place to start. You can choose from links to the left what you want, i.e., strenght, weight-loss etc., and even preview them. I've been really liking Kelly Coffy-Meyer 30 Minutes to Fitness.
    Good luck.
  • amindfullife
    Options
    thanks everyone :)
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Jillian's Body Revolution I like to say that is 30 Day Shred on crack lol. It's set up similarly but is more expensive and it's a 90 Day program.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Cathe Friedrich does loads. I think STS is serious strength training.