Scared to fail! and the good carb vs bad!

Options
Alright, so we say get rid of carbs and get rid of sugars, but whole sugars in fruits get rid of, No thanks Get rid of veggies too because those have carbs no thanks, In the past i was on a really low carb, of basically eating lots of meat, i felt like crap, i didint lose, and it was just blah, Than i went, Were i just started eating fruits n veggies n nuts seeds and omg, Iv been feeling so good but, ofcourse i eat all the food groups out their which are, Veggies, fruits whole grains dairy and protein, and that's it, and i know bad carbs hurt you i know it right when you eat them they turn into sugar, and spike ur insulin fruit doesn't whole grain doesn't that's exactly why im eating them, also in the past i was scared to fail, so i just didint start and right know, I have no idea, if im going to get to goal but im never giving up so i have faith i thought i would share this, whats your thoughts??

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Wut
  • aymeelaurain
    aymeelaurain Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The low carb diets such as Adkins have one major flaw which is being targeted towards a very specific lifestyle group. It targets overweight and very low energy people such as those who sit behind a desk all day and do very little exercise. Carbs are stored energy needed for long term energy consumption. For example someone working in a warehouse such as myself or runners need lots of carbs to sustain long term endurance. People who don't exercise a lot can use sugars which fuel your short term energy needs. If you eat more carbs than you need your body, just like the roots of plants, will store the carbs for future use. The key is to balance how many carbs you need a day with the energy you put out. If you plan on running you might eat more pasta or bread that day. If you are resting you can do with very little carbs.