No appetite...

Options
Does anyone else have days where you don't have any appetite?

Today I never felt hungry except for in the morning when I ate breakfast and then the rest of the day I just wasn't hungry (and I didn't have some crazy huge breakfast either.) Later on during the day I wasn't hungry for actual food so I had a frappuccino...really healthy lunch, I know. And then I had to force myself to eat some soup for dinner because I figured only eating 700 calories for the day was not a good idea. This no appetite thing happens to me every couple months.

Is it just me or does anyone else get like this? If you do, how do you handle it?

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I have days when I'm not hungry as well, so I just don't eat. You're not going to turn anorexic if you miss a few meals here and there :)
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I get like that sometimes, too, and I always have. I just listen to my body. One day of eating too little isn't going to hurt too much, just like one day of eating too much won't hurt too much.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Doesn't happen to me but its no big deal if it only happens occasionally. You would not have hurt yourself eating 700 calories for just one day.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I don't have days that extreme, but occasionally, especially on work out days for some reason, I have days where netting over 1000 is just the worst chore ever. It's nights like that where I either grab something alcoholic or other high in calorie drink to just sip while I watch television until it's gone.
  • CupcakeConnection
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes! When I get stressed my appetite is non-existent! I try to eat a piece of fruit or a few raw organic nuts. I also bought a Breville Juicer to make fruit/veggie smoothies and I add soy protein powder so I can get proper nutrition. However, it's probably nothing to fret over if its an occasional occurrence. Just remember to drink lots of water to stay hydrated! :drinker:
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else. I don't worry about a day here or there where I'm way under my calories. It all averages out.
  • mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just go with your body if your not hungry dont force yourself to eat ibe missed meals and havent lost any sleep over it
  • jestersand
    jestersand Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I get that way too. I read that just as there are emotional eaters, there are also emotional under eaters. If my mind is preoccupied with something else, I find that I barely consume 500 calories in one day. I fixed that problem by always having Boost shakes at my work place and at home. I even keep some in my car. Under eating has also kept me from losing weight, so I drink those babies when I am not feeling like eating.
  • PixieChick24
    PixieChick24 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't have days that extreme, but occasionally, especially on work out days for some reason, I have days where netting over 1000 is just the worst chore ever. It's nights like that where I either grab something alcoholic or other high in calorie drink to just sip while I watch television until it's gone.

Yessss I always have hardly any appetite after I workout and I have no idea why that is. But at least I'm not the only one! :tongue: