Ill and fallen off the food wagon

Options
This last week it's been one thing after another. First I had a stomach bug, then my eldest had it so I was up all night with him, then straight after that I got this wired flu virus that has knocked me on my *kitten*. On top of that, my toddler gets up by 5 every morning, so I'm just exhausted.

I'm at my goal & in maintenance, but this last week I've totally lost the plot with calories. I've felt so shockingly ill that I've been eating literally double what I normally would. Plus it's Easter so the house is full of chocolate that everyone has given us. I'm logging everything I eat still, but can't seem to find the will power to do anything but comfort eat. I haven't worked out because I just haven't the energy.

Just wanted to moan about my total lack of self control. I can't wait to get back to normal, workout again & maybe the urge to cheer myself up with food will go. I've gained 1.5lbs already this week! :sad:

Rant over.

Replies

• mozzie88
    mozzie88 Posts: 33
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it.. Just write the week off and start again next week. =)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm supposed to be on a cut I've eaten 6,000 calories on Wednesday, went over Thursday... went over Today... sometimes you have to YOLO it up.
  • mochaporter
    mochaporter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That was me last week (...and this week). Don't sweat it.
  • Aymzc
    Aymzc Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've been a bit off track the past 2 weeks because I;ve been ill. I had laryngitis that turned into a head cold and now I've got a chesty cough and bunged up nose. I've had no motivation to exercise although I've been over a fair few days on cals as when I feel rough I wanna eat stodge and junk! I put weight on this week :( but then again I shouldnt be surprised.
    Just hoping this cold will shift soon so I can get focused again as I feel I was doing really well.