HELP!!!

Options
I have lost 5 pounds but I have a ways to go, I am weighing, measuring and counting my calories down to 1200 a day. I'm hitting the treadmill at least 4-5 days a week and I have a very active job, but I have already stagnated and either gain a pound or stay the same. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stagnant? I often have a couple weeks where I lose very little weight and then lose a lot of weight the following week.
  • viperfrost
    Options
    At least a week, some days I get on the scale and I have actually gained
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Try upping your calories to 1500. It sounds counter productive but so many times it does work.
    You are doing a lot everyday. Your body just may need more fuel.
    Also make sure you are drinking enough. It'll happen. : )
  • viperfrost
    Options
    Thank you I will try, I drink tons of water all the time!
  • Bubbaluh
    Bubbaluh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Do you mean to say that you've hit a plateau?
    Are you going over any of your daily limits set by MFP?
    If you've hit a flatline my best advice (worked for me) was to just keep doing the same thing, change it up psychically so your body doesn't get used to the exercise you're doing. Its tough when you're working hard but just relax and review. Also you might be having or coming up to "that time" of the month where you bloat and put on waterweight for a little while.
    GOODLUCK
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much this last couple of weeks but on the days I have lost I've been well over my calories!
  • viperfrost
    Options
    Thank you I'm going to try upping my calories a bit!