I made it, 20kg in 3 months

Options
Darmanin
Darmanin Posts: 75 Member
Very happy to report that I have managed to loose 20 kilos in 3 months. :-) Now onto the next 20, lets hope that drops off just as quickly.

I still have a long way to go >40kg. I had started this year wanting to loose 40 kilos by the end of 2013 but have updated my goals to make that 50kg this year. I have another 9 months to loose another 30 kilos which I think should be do-able :-)

For those who don't do kilos .... 20kg = 44 lbs

Replies

• Bubbl3s25
    Bubbl3s25 Posts: 210
    Options
    Congratulations. It sounds like you will do it to. ????
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    wow!!! you go girl
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Very Awesme, keep it up!
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, inspirational, congratulations!
  • Hodgie12345
    Hodgie12345 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How did you do it ? x
  • Mrskmacca
    Mrskmacca Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Omg congrats, I HAD to post this because we have the same surname! I'm a newbie to the community.
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    wow that's great. it took me a while to lose my 31 Kgs. It took me around 8 months. now starting my 9th month I'm willing to lose those last 5 Kgs and would probably go 5 more beyond that

wish me luck
  • irareloaded
    Options
    wow, that's alot!

how did you do that?
  • Darmanin
    Darmanin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone :-)

irareloaded/hodgie - Just doing what they have always said. Eating healthy and exercising. I cut out the chips, and replaced them with home made baked pita bread chips. Stopped drinking 2 litres of coke a day. Eating smaller portions, alwyas including a snack between meals.
    I started getting off the train a stop earlier and walking into work each day, then started using a workout app on my phone at home a couple of nights a week after the kids went to bed. I progressed from there to buy a stationary bike and have it infront of the TV at home, my husband got me dumbbells for my birthday also.
    I was walking with 2 friends for an hour at night 2 times a week, but as it is starting to get darker and colder at night we joined a 24 hour gym at the end of the street that is pretty cheap as it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of classes etc... like others do. And that way it doesn't matter about the weather, or if one of us can't make it we can go anyway.
    Just things like, instead of sitting on my fat *kitten* for an hour at night infront of the TV I would get on the bike, and then do a few other things while watching the same programs.

Still a long way to go to get to my goal, but the wheels are in motion now :-)

dalaMutar - Fantastic job, great to hear from someone who managed 31 kgs in 8 months. Hopefully I can make mine in the same time. Good luck with the last 5 kgs.

kdarmanin - welcome and the best of luck in your journey :-) My surname is by marriage.
  • Hodgie12345
    Hodgie12345 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well many congratulations. Keep it up x
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Wow go u
  • DalalMutar
    Options

dalaMutar - Fantastic job, great to hear from someone who managed 31 kgs in 8 months. Hopefully I can make mine in the same time. Good luck with the last 5 kgs.

Thanks. your weight-loss duration is more ideal I would say. Keep it up. you can do it
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss but watch you don't go too low with your calories if you are.

Keep up the great work
  • Shani_Shoo
    Shani_Shoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Very impressed. I just sent you a friend request.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl, you have made incredible progress...keep at it, look forward to seeing your update in the future!
  • LuvMyBoys2
    LuvMyBoys2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's a very impressive accomplishment. You look great!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Well done. It took me 18 months or more to lose 20kgs. Kudos to you!
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options
    Awesome effort! Keep it up!
  • hreu213
    hreu213 Posts: 76
    Options
    WOW! Great effort!
    I have about 17kg that I want to lose in the next 3months, it's wonderful to know it can be done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!