Losing that Pregnancy Weight!!

Options
I have two children, gave birth to my oldest in 2009. She was 4 months old, I was still carrying that pregnancy weight when I found out I was pregnant with our youngest. I gave birth to her in February 2010 and this first photo is from September 2010.

[img][/img]8601597644_c76e57de32.jpg
me by skyler8937, on Flickr

Replies

• lorettakay
    lorettakay Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! congrats on you success.
  • bellavita0125
    bellavita0125 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    looking GREAT! thanks for sharing. I bet you feel awesome :)
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!! :)
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! I am having issues losing the baby weight. Gained 60 and have lost about 25. I had gained a few pounds before getting pregnant so I feel like I have sooooo much to lose. I keep using the excuse that I just had a baby but he is already 5 months old. Its so hard to lose. I am just pushing forward little by little!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • skyler8937
    Options
    You look amazing!! I am having issues losing the baby weight. Gained 60 and have lost about 25. I had gained a few pounds before getting pregnant so I feel like I have sooooo much to lose. I keep using the excuse that I just had a baby but he is already 5 months old. Its so hard to lose. I am just pushing forward little by little!!

Broox - It's taken me 2 years to take it off. I'm currently at my pre-pregnancy weight and now just have to shed the college weight/first years of marriage weight.

I remember someone saying, in regards to pregnancy weight, that it took 9 months to put it on so don't expect it to just come off. And, that's been pretty true for me. I haven't been consistent in the weight loss, I kind of go in spurts but I was pregnant for about 2 years straight and it's taken me 2 years to get rid of the weight. Hang in there!! It's a slow process. :-)

P.S. Thanks to everyone else for the compliments! :-)
  • Subhan1
    Subhan1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Woww you look amazing ! I have a 6 month old son and have lost 25 lbs (unfortunately I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy) but still have 20 pounds to loose until I reach my goal. It seems like as if the 20lbs are stuck to my body it's so hard to loose that weight no matter what I do. My goal is to loose 1-2 lbs in a week, which was working for me and i did lose 25 lbs but now it just doesn't seem to be working. Do you have any tips?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    You look great! How tall are you? I was 220 after my second baby and looked terrible! I'm now 159 and my daughter is two next month. It definitely takes a while!
  • skyler8937
    Options
    Tips? Hmmm....I think my best advice would be to stay realistic about the process.

You're gonna have bad days. You'll probably have about 2 weeks where your weight loss efforts seem to be sabotaged by your monthly cycle due to the cravings, the constant hunger and the fatigue. :sad: Don't give up. Be kind to yourself. :smile:

I found myself going through "seasons of weight loss". I'd be super commited for a couple months and then I'd fall of the wagon for a few months. That's probably the reason it's taken me 2 years to get to this point. :smile: It's been a slow process for me but definitely worth it. I just bought my first pair of size 14 pants since high school!! I'm still in denial though, I keep telling myself I'm not really a 14, the manufacturer are probably just making their '16-18's" a "14". :laugh:

Also, I recommend you find an excercise that you really enjoy. I HATE to run. But I'd go to the gym thinking that was the best way to get in shape and lose the weight. I'd feel super defeated after each workout becase I could barely push out a mile on the treadmill. My husband can run for miles and miles and he makes it look so effortless. I began to think there was seriously something wrong with me. Then, I discovered Zumba. :heart: Then I discovered putting my young children in the gym childcare, grabbing my MP3 Player and walking on the track for 30, 45, 60 minutes. :heart: That has become my sanity in motherhood. It's "MY" time. I love nothing more than walking in circles totally emmersed in my music.

My last tip, or piece of advice is to find strength within yourself to make the change. Give yourself the credit that you deserve. Yes you have made bad choices that have led to the weight loss but we, as women, have this incredible God-given strength that can pull you out of it. :smile: Like I said, be kind to yourself.
  • skyler8937
    Options
    You look great! How tall are you? I was 220 after my second baby and looked terrible! I'm now 159 and my daughter is two next month. It definitely takes a while!

I'm 5'10" :-)
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look awesome!
  • winterbebe7
    Options
    you look amazing! what a great success story
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!