Supplements

Options
selina884
selina884 Posts: 826 Member
Do you take any additional supplements to aid you in your journey?

I do;
CLA
Green tea extract
Fish oils
Multivitamin
Whey

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Tiger blood and unicorn semen
  • selina884
    Options
    Tiger blood and unicorn semen

haha?
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I take a number of supplements to help me in my overall health. Part of the reason is that I'm allergic to all fruits and vegetables and don't feel like I get enough of the natural nutrients because of it. Another part is that I'm currently TTC and I want to be in the best health possible while carrying.

I take:
    Folic Acid
    Cranberry Pills
    Vitamin C with rosehips
    Calcium with Vitamin D
    Vitmain B12
    Vitamin E
    Acidophilus

And I'm going to check with my doctor if adding my multivitamin and cod liver oil pills back in will give me too much of any of these vitamins.

ETA: I also started whey protein this week but it might be too expensive for me to keep up. It seems that I don't get enough of it naturally in my diet though.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just whey if I need to top up my protein and occasionally a multi
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I take protein powder occasionally and that's it to be serious. Maybe once in a while I'll take a multivitamin.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I take fish oil, and 1000 IU of vitamin D3 during the winter when I don't get much sun. I've been taking a multi lately too.

I don't consider whey a supplement. It's food.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I take vitamin D drops and a calcium with magnesium & zinc supplement every day.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Whey, vitamin D, vitamin B complex, magnesium, sea kelp, selenium, and fish oil when I'm not eating enough fish.
  • selina884
    Options
    I take fish oil, and 1000 IU of vitamin D3 during the winter when I don't get much sun. I've been taking a multi lately too.

I don't consider whey a supplement. It's food.

Yeah agreed, i don't personally consider whey a supplement either but in technical terms it is which is why I listed it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Whey (as needed to hit protein targets)
    ZMA (or separate zinc and magnesium)
    Fraction of a melatonin tablet
    beta alanine (occasionally before lifting)
    creatine mono
    vit D drops
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    multivitamin, b complex, c4 preworkout, and whey
  • FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Spinach, kale, coffee, water.
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Woman's Multivitamin
    Omega 3,6,9
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I take aloe vera gel, which helps to keep my gut clean enabling me to absorb the nutrients from my food, i take Bee Pollen which is a fantastic supplement for overall healthy contains pretty much everything in it the body needs to survive, however my reason for taking it, is for energy it really does help me, and i am taking forever living fields of green which is a supplement containing wheatgrass

none of the above specifically for weight loss just for general health and i do find they are helping me alot my skin is clearer i ahve that bit more energy e.t.c i also drink a few cups of green tea a day

I have considered taking rasberry keytone to help with my weight loss have heard good reports but i am still nursing my youngest and not sure if it is safe to take when BF
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I bathe in the blood of my enemies, and it seems to be working. My skin glows.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    But really:

prenatal multivitamin (I'm not trying to have kids yet, but it does great things to my hair?)
    B12
    acai
    acidophilus
    evening primrose oil
    vitamin C
    protein powder