Now that I've met my goal...

Options
This might be a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. I've met my weight loss goal, and I'd like to stay there rather than gaining it back. So it seems that I should re-set something to allow for a slightly higher caloric intake every day. (I'll probably maintain the same exercise regimen.) Where on the site do I go to reset these numbers?

Replies

• Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Under settings, just switch the amount you want to lose a week to "maintain". Congratulations on hitting your goal! :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    Yeah, MY HOME>Settings>Update diet fitness profile

Here's the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • RevJudyW
    RevJudyW Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks! I did it, and what it gave me looks like a whopping amount of calories compared to what I have been consuming. Happy days are here again!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    He heh. You may still go down and then up a little in weight...if you had a large difference in your calorie allotment, that can happen.

Just stay the course for a month after going to your new calorie goal. By then everything should be back to normal.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    He heh. You may still go down and then up a little in weight...if you had a large difference in your calorie allotment, that can happen.

Just stay the course for a month after going to your new calorie goal. By then everything should be back to normal.

Right?!? :laugh:
  • ordnaj3la1
    ordnaj3la1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'd say use the transition phase, I'll explain what it is.

Your body is used to the caloric deficit you were eating, suddenly adjusting to your maintenance calories will probably make you gain a bit of weight.

Let your body slowly adjust back to your maintenance by upping your calories by 100 every week or two until you reach your maintenance caloric intake, so like that your body can slowly get used to that again.

Congrats on hitting your goal! Such an amazing feeling, good luck with everything else.
  • ordnaj3la1
    ordnaj3la1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'd say use the transition phase, I'll explain what it is.

Your body is used to the caloric deficit you were eating, suddenly adjusting to your maintenance calories will probably make you gain a bit of weight.

Let your body slowly adjust back to your maintenance by upping your calories by 100 every week or two until you reach your maintenance caloric intake, so like that your body can slowly get used to that again.

Congrats on hitting your goal! Such an amazing feeling, good luck with everything else.

I agree with using a transition phase to get to your maintenance calories. Right now, I am adding back about 150 calories per day and increasing that each week until I get to my maintenance amount. I'll probably lose a few more lbs during these weeks...which I am okay with...and it'll be less of a shock to my body than jumping straight from weight loss to maintenance calorie wise.

There you go. Good luck my friend (y)
  • JudeGilford
    JudeGilford Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sounds like great advice, all of it! I just wanted to say these are good problems to have. I'm happy for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!