100-200 calorie snack ideas?

Options
Hi there! I have recently been eating 3 meals with 2-3 snacks in between. I've gone through hard boiled eggs, clementines, Kashi granola bars, and apple wedges. What do you eat when you need a quick pick me up?

Replies

• sheshappynow
    sheshappynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    almonds, yogurt, blueberries, cucumber slices, low fat ice cream, handful of granola, raisins, banana
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt, 1/2 Quest Bar, Bananas, Almonds, Cashews, Macadamia Nuts, Dark Chocolate, Vega One Smoothies.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I feel like spicy pickles would be good.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese with 12 Special K Savory Herb crackers = 95 calories (double and you're still under 200)

1 ounce pretzel thins with 3 tablespoons hummus = 200 calories, or half for 100--or replace pretzel thins with carrots for fewer calories--hummus varies by brand so check label

1 serving nut mix: calories vary by brand--currently, I have on hand Planter's Almond Chocolate Crunch at 180 for 32g and Emerald Sweet n' Salty PB &J at 140 for 28g (I always weigh the nuts--they tend not to fit evenly in tablespoons and measuring cups)

1 slice toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter = 130-180 depending on bread and PB

1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese = 90 calories, add fruit for another 30-100 depending on kind

Chobani pineapple = 160 calories

Bagel thin (110) with cream cheese (cals depend on type)

Trader Joe's mini dark chocolate bars--100 calories each
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You might find this one weird, but I really like to eat a whole cucumber sliced and dunked in a homemade dressing.I choose to salt the cucumber too because I don't add the salt to the recipe that the original called for.

Salad Dressing:
    1/3 lemon juice
    2/3 Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
    about 1/8-1/4 tsp of the spices of your choice ( I choose dried basil, dried parsley, and dried dill)

You put all of that together into a bottle, shake it up to emulsify it, let it sit for at least an hour so that the tastes mingle, then shake it up and pour it.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    A Klondike no sugar added bar = 160 calories
  • MissCaroline71
    MissCaroline71 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ham and cheese roll up (100 calories) - 2 if Im really hungry.

1 slice of ham (approx 30cals)
    1 slice of reduced fat cheese (I use sargento swiss cheese) - 70 cals

Lay cheese on ham.
    Roll
    Munch

This is quite filling, and keeps me going to next meal.
  • Danaart
    Danaart Posts: 2
    Options
    Greek yogurt, pistachios or almonds, a low calorie cereal bar with at least 6-8g of protein, cheese & low cal or reduced fat crackers, 100 calorie popcorn mini bags. I also make a fruit cocktail salad by adding fresh fruit (melons, strawberries, bananas, etc) to canned/jarred no sugar added or in juice (no syrups) fruit cocktail, pineapple, and peaches etc. It gives me a little more of a sweet kick then just eating a piece of fruit.
  • Tenzuya
    Tenzuya Posts: 64
    Options
    Oats keep you full.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    O.P. thanks for posting this. i was wondering about that too

I eat air popped corn

string cheese
    grapes

celery with peanut butter

I would google 100-200 calorie snack ideas
  • Footballisdashit
    Options
    Garonla Bars.
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    my best suggestion is to go for jerky!!! 120 cals in a 50g serving...very lean and healthy but the best part is the satiating effect of eating/snacking on this. does wonders for me.
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like to keep a variety of things around just in case I either have a sweet or salty, crunchy or smooth attack. Carrots, cucumbers, jicama are great for that crunchy attack. Air popped popcorn as well. I love the 100 calorie packs of cookies, crackers , etc. that I can grab on the go and not have to worry about over eating. Sugar Free jello - with or without added fruit. Just a few ideas.
  • dreamypone
    Options
    I recommend, popcorn. Purchase your popcorn as bulk kernals, and if you don’t have an air popper, you can just put 1/4 cup of the kernals into a glass microwave safe bowl, cover it with a plate and microwave for 7 minutes. Cutting the oil out saves a great deal of calories, then instead of butter which is 200 cal for 2 tblsps, get Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, or soy sauce and put it in a small spritz bottle, spritzing it gently over the popcorn, giving you the moisture and salt, with barely any calories. I also add nutritional yeast to my popcorn, because it is delicious.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    2-3 pieces of fruit

1/2 to 1 cup cottage cheese

200 - 400 grams of various vegetables

seems obv.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    100 calorie popcorn
    sliced carrots and cherry tomatos