How often do you allow yourself a 'treat' meal?

Options
13»

Replies

• kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Also- I personally think that calories don't matter on holidays. I'd rather be happy on the few days a year I get to spend with my family and eat things we normally wouldn't. So I never count holidays, but that doesn't mean I go crazy either.
  • Mrs_Fit
    Mrs_Fit Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It looks like everyone pretty much answered your question...Do everything in moderation. For me if I want it and it fits into my caloric goal i have it. If it takes me over, then it means i have to choose between a longer workout or the treat especially if it is really high in calories. You have to see what works for you. Everything is trial and error until you find out what is good for you. Good luck!
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    One day in ten, I have "Hell With It Day". Literally 1 in 10, it's planned out on my calendar (I'm flexible though, I'll move them around if something unexpected or super special happens). Hell-With-It Day = no foods barred. I don't eat myself sick or anything, but everything and anything is allowed and I do not log until I'm done for the day. Last time, hubby and I went to Joe's Crab Shack. Stuffed mushrooms, stuffed clams, lobster, shrimp, and the Chocolate Shack Attack. I didn't even eat half of any one thing, but the calories and sodium were still obscene... and deliciously guilt free.
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Whenever I want haha. I don't want it all that often now because I feel heavy and greasy when I do. Chocolate is the exception. hah
  • needsalife3
    needsalife3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I keep a selection of 100 calorie treats that I have if they fit in my calories for the day. I don't consider them treats, just life. For Saturday night dinner I eat whatever I want -- it's usually a 1500 or so calorie meal. I count and log the calories and don't try to exercise it off. This usually puts me about 500 calories over for the week. I'm still losing an average of almost 2 lbs a week and I'm fine with that.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    When there's a special occasion, like a holiday or birthday, when a friend is in town. And me and my friends always go for post-exam froyo, so I still do that.

I just try to make reasonably good choices and stay within my calorie limit.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I weigh myself every Friday morning and eat the cheat Saturday night. Usually like 1500 cal of fried chicken and taters and gravy, hehehe. that or go out for beers.
  • moodyshannon15
    moodyshannon15 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Once a week...if I've stayed on track and done well.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I worked hard to find food and meals that I enjoy, that are easy to make, that fit my diet. I eat food that I like ALL the time. I'm severely disappointed if I find myself eating something that I don't think is delicious.
  • Susieout
    Susieout Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I agree 100%
  • Susieout
    Susieout Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ignor my above.

It was suppose to be attached to someone else's reply
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this so much. I refer to it as a diet, but in all actuallity I just try to eat healthier than I did in the past. I usually allow myself a cheat day (try to keep it to one meal, but hey...) on Sundays. This being said, I am a terrible binge eater so it doesn't always work out that way. I need to get my emotions in check and figure out why I binge so I can get it under control!
  • Danaart
    Danaart Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't consider anything a cheat meal. Each day I plan out my meals (to the best of my ability) and I make sure I have room for 1 piece of candy or a cookie every day. If I know I'm going out to eat and really want dessert, I will eat something that is lower in calories during the day, like turkey or shrimp, so I can use those calories for dessert.

To me this isn't a "diet" and I don't restrict myself from anything.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    If I feel like it but then because I have put it on MFP, I adjust my eating either that day or another day. Swings and roundabouts. Cannot stop from all lovely things - just have as much as you need and that might mean only enough to give yourself a taste rather than the whole bowl.