Another hair and fitness question

Options
I had ten inches of hair chopped off yesterday for Locks of Love. My hair is super short now- just above my shoulders. I don't think it'd go into a pony tail yet.

Ladies with short hair- how do you keep your hair in check while at the gym? I have a few headbands but it makes the back of my hair lumpy.

Replies

• kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I don't have short hair now, but I used to. Headbands, barettes, ponytail if you can, gel it up, things like that. Don't worry about how your hair looks at the gym. You are going to shower afterwards anyways, so your hair won't stay lumpy. Great job donating to locks of love btw.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I used to do French braids or two ponytails. Lots of bobby pins and snap barrettes.
  • fitdita
    fitdita Posts: 6
    Options
    When my hair was shorter, I just threw on a baseball cap at the gym with hair tucked behind ears and washing and blowing out hair after takes care of hat head. :)
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    When my hair was shorter I would pin it up and then put a headband on to catch the sweat.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I just went from a shoulder length bob to above the shoulder bi-level cut, kinda like Charlene Theron in Aeon Flux. I have kinda wavy hair so on gym days, I wear it curly because the sweat just steams my hair & makes it look 'done' in an undone way. If that makes any sense, lol :tongue:

On straight hair gym days, I pin the bangs back and leave the back alone. I wear it both ways but since it's short now, I like it pinned when I'm working out. This way, I don't have to keep swinging my head to sweep the long sideswept side from my face.

edited: punctuation
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    For me a French plait (braid) works best now that me hair is shorter :-)

<<<<< as you can see quite short ;-)
  • GNeiswender
    GNeiswender Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I leave the back hang and use snap barrettes for my bangs . . . one on either side - sorta pull my left side part over to the right and snap them and then pull the rest from the right side back . . . just enough to keep everything out of my eyes. I really don't care what I look like at the gym or on the trail running.
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I exercise at home...but I just take a small elastic and pull my bangs back - you don't get so sweaty on your neck cause they'res no hair there! As soon as you start getting sweaty under your neck, it will likely fit in a ponytail again!

Way to go with donating your hair - it will be alblessing to someone I'm sure! :)
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Pigtails or a cap. Cloth headbands are good too.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I had ten inches of hair chopped off yesterday for Locks of Love. My hair is super short now- just above my shoulders. I don't think it'd go into a pony tail yet.

Ladies with short hair- how do you keep your hair in check while at the gym? I have a few headbands but it makes the back of my hair lumpy.

I don`t have short hair but I would just like to commend you for doing it for such a good cause, well done :flowerforyou:
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I have a pixie. I don't do anything to it. Don't need to~it takes care of itself.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    My hair is eartip length now, so I don't need to do anything.
  • lindenanne
    Options
    I sometimes where a baseball cap even though I have long hair - you can throw them in the washer too....
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Bobby pins are your best friend!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    My hair just makes it to a pony tail and i use a lot of bobby pins...

Also my question, my hair gets ridiculously frizzy when i do a workout, any product recs or tips? I have tried a serum and a wax kind of thing but they don't work. I have wavy curly hair if that helps
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I don't have short hair, but some of the ladies at karate who have short hair wear bandanas to hold it back.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have a pixie. I don't do anything to it. Don't need to~it takes care of itself.
    I just got my hair "pixied" today! Can't wait to workout tomorrow...no wet drippy strands hitting me in the face! Whoohoo! :drinker:
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options

That was a nice thing to do!

My 8 year old did that a couple months ago after meeting a little girl with alopacia
  • jestersand
    jestersand Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would tie the front half into a high pony tail, or you can use the bandana.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I wear my hair curly most of the time and its just above my shoulders. I may wear a baseball hat outside. Pull it half back or as much as I can get in a ponytail and/ or use a head band.