How does my belly disapear??

Options
I know awnsers like: deficit and patience.

Any other tips?

Replies

• graciepecie
    graciepecie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    reduce body fat.

I thought I was doing that already with a deficit..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I know awnsers like: deficit and patience.

Any other tips?

Nope, that's all you need....
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    So sorry! But there aren't any more tips or secrets to this. You've got to lose more excess fat.
  • graciepecie
    Options
    Noooooo I hate 'patience' I want things fast LOL!

Thanks you guys, now it's clear to me that there isn't anything else I can do and so - even if I like it or not - I have to be patient.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is frustrating. I am in the same boat. Everything looks good except I still have a gut.

But this is one area where the science is not on our side. I have 10 lbs to go and it's all in my gut. That's the first place I gain weight and the last place I lose weight.

I have started working my core more. But I don't do lots of crunches or anything. I actually treat my abs like any other muscle group I am developing. I do these sit up things where you lay on ball thingy and hold weight with your arms extended over your head. I do 3 sets of 5-8 reps to failure. But the weight has gotten so high now that I am having a hard time with balance (I'm up to 50 lbs of weight). Abs are very strong muscles. Looking for something new to challenge them. Dead lifts seem to work the core well.

Other than that, it's all about patience. I have lost 24% of my body weight and still have a gut. Legs are awesome. Arms are good. Chest is ok. Face is skinny. Gut is still there, although it has shrunk a lot.
  • graciepecie
    Options
    I have started working my core more. But I don't do lots of crunches or anything. I actually treat my abs like any other muscle group I am developing.

Gut is still there, although it has shrunk a lot.

^^This^^

I've learned that spot reducing don't excist. That's why I don't give my belly special attention during the workouts. I treat them like any other muscle. I use a kettlebell voor workout.

Stupid gut. It's so ugly when it sticks out.
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Don't know what other people think about this, but I had good success with JM 6pack in 6 weeks.
  • graciepecie
    Options
    Don't know what other people think about this, but I had good success with JM 6pack in 6 weeks.

Did your belly 'disapeared'?
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My belly disappears faster when I cut out wheat. (grains and I don't really get along but I love them so). When I cut it out and stick to good protein, lots of good fat and veggies my tummy and love handles melt like it's spring :)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Rub it and say abra "kadabra"
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Echo'ing the patience and deficit.

Also, strength training will help make sure your weight loss = fat loss.
  • 2EggsSeparated
    Options
    My belly disappears faster when I cut out wheat. (grains and I don't really get along but I love them so). When I cut it out and stick to good protein, lots of good fat and veggies my tummy and love handles melt like it's spring :)

By your wording "WHEN I" sounds like you done this multiple times before.If it worked why do you have to do it more than once?

Get out of here with your magical logic crap!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Echo'ing the patience and deficit.

Also, strength training will help make sure your weight loss = fat loss.

This!

TDEE-20% and strength training. Took me 3 years to lose 60 pounds and see my abs. Not a single crunch was done, they were built through heavy lifting.
  • melt2svelte
    Options
    No tips, you pretty much said it - patience and a deficit (and a PP mentioned strength training as well).

I know the frustration. For me, it is the last thing to go.
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options

By your wording "WHEN I" sounds like you done this multiple times before.If it worked why do you have to do it more than once?
    Just guessing, but she probably enjoys wheat more than a flat tummy?
    For me to have a flat tummy I have to eat under 20g of sugar a day and 80g of carbs. Or I'll bloat and look all pudgy.
    But I love sugar and everything with sugar.. I couldn't cut out yogurt/cereal/fruits.. at least not for long.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I will chime in with this: have you had children? Did you have ab separation? If so, then look into some exercises to help that. That will not reduce body fat, but it could help the "jutting out" issue a little bit.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options

this^^^
    your stomach fat has alot to do with diet, abs are more from diet than exercise I found, once I changed my diet, cut out grains, sugar and dairy my stomach is getting flat finally...I did ab exercises until the cows came home and never got anywheres until i changed my diet...also patience, it sucks but it took a long time for the fat to get there, it will take a long time to come off unfortunately ....but worth the wait :happy:
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Just watched the 5 foods to never eat video and to cut down belly fat. For those of you that don't have the time to watch it they are: concentrated fruit juices, marjorine (and things high in trans fats), whole wheat bread (it's processed and we all know we need to avoid that. Eat whole Grain instead), soy (91% is genetically modified), and GMO corn
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Just watched the 5 foods to never eat video and to cut down belly fat. For those of you that don't have the time to watch it they are: concentrated fruit juices, marjorine (and things high in trans fats), whole wheat bread (it's processed and we all know we need to avoid that. Eat whole Grain instead), soy (91% is genetically modified), and GMO corn

Oh boy.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Lift weights or plastic surgery. Although the latter is the only one that will truly make them go away, as it is believed that fat cells do not disappear, they shrink with proper diet and exercise ( <--however, uncertain if just broscience)