Best exercise DVDs?

Options
I usually hit the gym 5-6 times a week and exercise between 1-2 hours. Currently I do a lot of cardio; arc trainer, expresso bike, spinning, piyo, yoga and lift 3x per week. My ultimate goal is to lose 50 lbs or drop from a size 10 to a size 4. I am looking for something I can do at home on days when my kids are sick or life just gets in the way of gym time. I'd prefer a DVD that requires minimal equipment. I have a mat, 8 & 10lb dumbbells and a foam roller. I am up for buying a stability ball, pilates ball and/or kettle ball. Keeping those things in mind please share your favorite DVDs. Bonus if they are available on amazon prime, Netflix or Hulu plus. Thank you!

Replies

• mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have Insanity and TapOut dvds. Neither require a lot of items, and both are tough workouts.
  • jules3point3
    jules3point3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I hope others will chime in, too.
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I like Amy Bento. Some of her videos use a step, but she also has some like Cardio High Lo Knockout that don't use any equipment. I also like Billy Banks Tae Bo Express and Rodney Yee yoga dvds. All of these videos are great because you can pick the length and mix and match workouts since they are broken into segments on the DVD menu.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Jillian Michaels Kickbox quickfix. They are 20 mins long, so I can fit them in. The first work out just needs dumbells and what you have should be fine.
  • laprobertson
    Options
    I have really loved the hybrid TurboFire and Chalean Extreme. These are very fun and intense workouts. I also enjoyed TapouT XT.
  • jules3point3
    Options
    I'll give some of those a shot. Thanks! I'm also going to order the extend barre DVD & hope it's a good one!
  • LisaMBudd
    LisaMBudd Posts: 15
    Options
    Insanity and/or P90X - the BEST workouts by far! Insanity does not require any equipment. P90X requires weights, a chair, and a pull up bar or bands.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Since you already seem to be pretty much in shape, I would say try Insanity, but only if you feel like taking your fitness to another level.
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My friends that have used Insanity and P90x say they're both excellent but Insanity requires no equipment. I have P90x from a friend but have yet to use it. I do however have the UFC Personal Trainer for Xbox Kinect. You can use resistance bands with it or not. It gives you that option. I've been using it for a little while now and get a really good workout with it. But, you need an Xbox 360 and Kinect.

Another suggestion if I may... I've had a set of resistance bands I got at Wal Mart for awhile now. I use them when I travel or want to add resistance to things like push ups. It came in a set (Gold's Gym) with an excellent workout dvd. Cost me less than $30. You may want to try this as it's a good workout, doesn't require you to subscribe to a routine such as Insanity or P90x to maximize results, and you can use it with other exercises than just when you use the dvd.
  • Trevsmom0703
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels DVD's, but I also do www.Fitnessblender.com. They have hundreds of FREE videos and range from intensity and exercises! I have been doing them for over a year and they are amazing!!! They are everything from no weights to weights to kettlebells and they have workouts as short as 5 min to as long as an hour! You can mix and match too!! Their workouts have done amazing things to my body!!!
  • Mrskmacca
    Mrskmacca Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels DVD's, but I also do www.Fitnessblender.com. They have hundreds of FREE videos and range from intensity and exercises! I have been doing them for over a year and they are amazing!!! They are everything from no weights to weights to kettlebells and they have workouts as short as 5 min to as long as an hour! You can mix and match too!! Their workouts have done amazing things to my body!!!

Wow just looked at that website looks good! I'm aiming to look like Jennifer Nicole Lee lol does she have DVDs?
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    My faves: Jillian Michaels (dvds) or Fitness Blender (free youtube or website)

Also very good, but difficult Zuzka Light and Blogilates (Cassey Ho), both are free with youtube channels or website
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's Shred it with weights and 30 Day Shred. Billy blanks Cardio Inferno.
  • jestersand
    jestersand Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Save your money and try Youtube!!! There are some lady trainers there that will get your heart pumping on your spot.
  • CrystalRenee2013
    CrystalRenee2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone is a good one. I only have one of her DVD's & I really like it.
  • jules3point3
    Options
    Thanks! I am really intrigued by insanity & p90x, but can't justify spending that much money since I already pay a hefty family gym membership each month, I did download the 3 levels of 30 day shred on amazon instant video. Once I finish that I'll explore all those other great options.

I really appreciate your help!