Kinda new

Options
So I joined about a month ago but haven't posted on the forums until now. My name's Rebecca and I'm 20 years old and approaching on 200 lbs. Yeah, ouch. And I've been there before, you know? Tried WeightWatchers, but it ultimately failed, so I'm hoping this will work out better. I've always been a bit on the chubby side, but ever since I started taking medicine for major depression and anxiety, it's been a constant upward rollercoaster ride. I never get the satisfied, "Oh, that was good, but I'm okay to stop now," feeling when I eat. I ask family if they ever feel satisfied after a meal and apparently, they do, so I know something's up and I know it's the medicine. My stomach doesn't tell me when to stop until I've overeaten and feel sick. So, counting calories it is! I need to lose at least 50 lbs to get to my ideal body weight. Wish me luck, 'cos I'll need it! :wink:

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    you can do it!
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    hello! counting calories sure seems like the way to go for you - this site has an amazing list of food. always surprises me when I find stuff already listed. Good luck - I know you can do it
  • bluemountain2185
    Options
    Welcome Rebecca. Good luck on your weight loss trip....
  • treasurep
    treasurep Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I know How you feel. So I'm right there with ya, not to mention he now has me on Blood pressure meds. If the doc only spent a day in my shoe's he'd realize it's stress/anxiety not depression. Oh well. This is a great site to make you accountable for what you eat and help you with portion control. I check portions on everything now to see if it's worth eating 1/2 cup of this when I can have 2 cups of that for the same fat/calories. Real eye opener. Keep an "honest" log of your food. It really helps, but you have to be honest. And eat all the calories it says you need to eat. The first 2 weeks I ate what I thought was a good amount and no loss. The second 2 weeks I used this site faithfully eating almost all the calories it says and i lost 1.8 lbs and over 6 inches. So it works, just be honest. It also helps to have accountability buddies on here so feel free to friend me and I'll help you as well as you can help me. It's nice opeining your page to input your breakfast and seeing someone encourage you to keep it up. Great way to start your day. Best of Luck.
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hello! Good luck!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • pisces1723
    Options
    Thank you everyone. :heart: I really, really appreciate the support.