EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Most "Diets" are...so what's new!
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options

most diets are a lie??? unaware

paleo diet is based on early humans eating in the Paleolithic era, but the "paleo diet" isnt based on food eaten in the Paleolithic era. hence the thread
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    LOL Sounds to me like she was insulting and promoting it at the same time....
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I think it's obvious that it is virtually impossible to actually replicate a paleolithic diet considering our current technology and the way nearly everything is treated and has been selectively bred.

I think it's also common knowledge that paleo diets (in the paleolithic era) actually varied and not necessarily consistent with what is commonly referred to as paleo.

Also, my ancestors did evolve to digest dairy which is inconsistent with current paleo diets and primal diets.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Did you watch it? Your title is not accurate. She was promoting clean eating. She dissed the idea of pure Paleo, but was promoting the general idea of clean whole food eating. Lol.

I guess it sucks when you're trying to make a point and jump to conclusions based on the title. Lol. The devil is in the details my friend. I believe she was promoting Paleo. She was just saying that our version of it isn't really possible.

How is eating clean exclusive to a paleo or primal diet? Many people believe that eating clean is ideal without following paleo or primal ideologies. Paleo and primal blueprint are pretty specific and were pretty thoroughly debunked in this video (which is accurate if you do research).
  • AnabolicKyle
    Options
    Did you watch it? Your title is not accurate. She was promoting clean eating. She dissed the idea of pure Paleo, but was promoting the general idea of clean whole food eating. Lol.

I guess it sucks when you're trying to make a point and jump to conclusions based on the title. Lol. The devil is in the details my friend. I believe she was promoting Paleo. She was just saying that our version of it isn't really possible.

yes
    yes it is

she dismissed the idea of what people think paleo is. she promoted less processed food
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Green. No, Blue. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options

paleo diet is based on early humans eating in the Paleolithic era, but the "paleo diet" isnt based on food eaten in the Paleolithic era. hence the thread
    Where is this paleoithic era, maybe we can catch a cab and have lunch.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

How is eating clean exclusive to a paleo or primal diet? Many people believe that eating clean is ideal without following paleo or primal ideologies. Paleo and primal blueprint are pretty specific and were pretty thoroughly debunked in this video (which is accurate if you do research).

lol paleo is a concept - it's not the exact totalitarian dictatorship haters want it to be.

i eat primarily primal. (haha) and guess what? I eat rice now and again, potatoes, peanut butter - none of which are "allowed" according to a paleo diet, but who gives a ****? 80% of my food comes from meat, fish, poultry, veggies, fruits, nuts and seeds - which i think is a pretty damn healthy way to eat if i do say so myself

there's nothing to "lie" or "tell the truth" about - it's just a concept based on our best guesses of what our bodies are designed to process and utilize most optimally.

people need to relax
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

It's true. Most diets are not based on facts at all. A well-balanced diet that includes a wide variety of foods doesn't really sell books, but it's really the only thing with a basis in science.
  • neanderthin
    Options

It's true. Most diets are not based on facts at all. A well-balanced diet that includes a wide variety of foods doesn't really sell books, but it's really the only thing with a basis in science.
    Most diets claim their based in science.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    My response is: who cares? My question: is this a surprise to anyone?? Did anyone really think people doing it thought they were eating like paleolithic man?? It's just a concept. If you like it, do it. If not, don't.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Most diets claim their based in science.

True. And my mom has read all those books. :laugh:
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Didn't our early ancestors die in their 30's?
  • neanderthin
    Options
    Didn't our early ancestors die in their 30's?
    Only the ones that died in their 30's.
  • Penelope514
    Options
    Right on!
  • Sourpusscandy
    Options
    So much of paleo is conjecture anyhow. what is healthy for one person is not for another. I think we can all agree that modern manufactured frankenfoods are UNHEALTHY and not fit for human consumption. PaleoFx is going on right now, blows my mind that they need a convention to talk about food and health.

She makes some interesting points.

If we ate like our ancestors 150 years ago, we'd do just fine. Unfortunately so much food has been GMO'd they've become bastardized. re: Wheat Belly by Davis.

The vegans say we're not adapted to meat eating. LOL

And for the really curious, look into "Intervention Theory" by Lloyd Pye. http://www.lloydpye.com/interventionebook.html He's got vids on youtube also.
  • AnabolicKyle
    Options
    And for the really curious, look into "Intervention Theory" by Lloyd Pye. http://www.lloydpye.com/interventionebook.html He's got vids on youtube also.

Sour***** WTF is this LOL?

Aliens-meme-300x261.jpg