A Sad NSV

Options
2»

Replies

• maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome nsv!!!! I love that I don't fit into my old clothes and just pick up a few bits at the charity shops when needed. I love the huge good wills in the states! So many designer clothes at such cheap prices....bargain!
  • irenematilda
    irenematilda Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That was always one of my excuses for not trying to lose weight! For one, I hate shopping but two, I have no money to buy new clothes:(

I'm still as broke as I was when I started this, but looking back over the last five or six weeks I've been slowly spending the money I used to spend on cakes and excess food on exercise vids and little bits of home gym equpment like hand weights and a balance ball instead. Trying to get into the habit of not routinely buying a ton of fat to stack on to myself hasn't been worth a small fortune to me, but it's surprising how much I must have been paying to become a mobile lard mountain. This is only a small house and so I'm pretty much done on the equipment front, and I don't need any more vids now because there's a ton of stuff on Youtube and elsewhere online, so with any luck there will be a few quid spare for clothes when I reach target.

Buying clothes is expensive, but I'm beginning to see how buying my own blubber hasn't come cheap either :)
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    awesome NSV ... i check into Charity shops and ebay ... then also sell my old stuff on Ebay too.

Problem I've had is buying something lovely to wear ... forgetting I had it and now its too big :( luckily was purchased on ebay
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    This may ruin them but have you tried shrinking them in the washer/dryer? Just a thought if you can't wear them anymore anyway!
  • LacyJean1
    LacyJean1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Time to hit the thrift stores, Darlin!

Yup! You can probably get 3 or 4 sweaters for like 7 or 8 bucks!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Time to hit the thrift stores, Darlin!

^^ This

I never used to be able to find anything in a thrift store that fit me. But now that my old pants fall right off of me, I have found that there are actually some things that I can wear. I have spent less than $20 so far and got 3 pairs of jeans and four new shirts.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Try layering. So buy open sweaters like cardigans and such and then a nice cami underneath. That way you can always buy a smaller cami, which are cheaper.

Congrats in the weightloss! I don't have the problem, because I have all my old clothes from my smaller days. So I have a wardrobe waiting for me. :)
  • wiseeliz
    wiseeliz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yup. Went shopping yesterday to get shorts for my trip to California, fit comfortably into a 12 (when I started working out/not eating crap, I was tight in a 12, comfortable in a 14) and could squeeze into a 10...hello, muffin top! I flirted with the idea of just getting the 10s, but I would have felt super self-conscious in them. It sucks knowing I'll probably have to shell out for new ones by summer, but it did feel kind of awesome to realize I'm down a size!
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    have a yard sale.
  • busgirl236
    busgirl236 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, I think that's a very good problem to have. Congratulations on your weight loss! Perhaps a belt?
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Sad??? I joyfully gave away all those clothes to Goodwill!!! :flowerforyou: Congrats on your success!!!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Go to a used clothing store and buy some inexpensive "in between" sizes. I've been doing that and have found some really nice things! I may never go back to the department store!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing. I lost 15# and thought I was at my goal. I bought almost $300 worth of new clothes and I continued to work out and eat right and lost 15 more lbs. My new clothes didn't fit me! So instead of going out and buying brand new clothes, I bought a couple pairs of jeans and went to Goodwill and bought tops until I am at my new goal weight
  • gschnitzler
    gschnitzler Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out thrift stores. I found some good "in between" clothes there for not a lot of money. It takes a little time to look through everything, but one can find some good stuff. I also sold some of my "big" clothes online, especially jeans that I had paid a lot for. It felt good to get a decent price for them, and then I used that money to buy new clothes!
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Strivingforhealth12 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I also recommend thrift shopping. I have replaced my entire wardrobe from thrift shops. It takes some patience but it is worth it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!