Couch to sprint triathlon

xidia
xidia Posts: 606 Member
A couple of years ago, I set myself the target of doing a sprint triathlon before I turned 30. I missed the date by a month and had to do it myself in my local leisure centre because of a lack of local organised events, but I did it.

11 months ago I started couch to 5k, then graduated onto a half marathon program, which I didn't finish. I did walk 86 miles in 6 days along Hadrian's Wall instead though in Oct 2012.

Sprint tri leg times from today:
400m swim 12:50
20k bike 55:49
5k run 36:12
Overall (no transition timings): 1:44:51

Not bad given a 7k cycle was hard in November and I've swum exactly three times (including today!) in the last...4-5 years!

Replies

• calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Congratulations! That is amazing!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Awesome job! I'd love to do a Tri someday :) You should be so proud of yourself. Keep looking and seeing if you can get into an official one for fun!!
  • xidia
    Thanks :-) I'm going to focus on my running for a bit: I'm doing strong lifts as well which is helping the swimming & biking. I haven't ruled out another tri next year though!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    You da lady, way to go, I would be smiling for days after this : ) YAY!
  • phillinnz
    phillinnz Posts: 82 Member
    My, that is impressive.
  • HisKathy
    HisKathy Posts: 34
    Wow, great job! This is very inspiring since I would love to get to that point. Totally need to work on my biking first! Keep up the good work :-)
  • xidia
    Wow, great job! This is very inspiring since I would love to get to that point. Totally need to work on my biking first! Keep up the good work :-)

Good luck! I found Strong Lifts (specifically Squats & Deadlifts) really helped my biking, while the Overhead Press & Bench & Rows really helped the swimming.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!