39-year old guy from London saying HELLO!

Options
Hello boys and girls

I'm mostly looking for a few new friends on MFP, around my age (I'm 39), who I can share some weight loss victories with and offer some encouragement in return.

From the age of 30, I've ballooned from about 84kg to, most recently, 102.5kg. My BMI was almost 32. My cholesterol rose to 6.7 not so long ago. Then I discovered I had a fatty liver, too.

I'm the type of person who gets frustrated and fails with diets that offer too little progress, too slowly, whilst demanding that I refrain from all the foods I love and counting calories all the time. Nope. That kind of torture definitely isn't for me.

So, I started the KEN diet last weekend and in just seven days, I've lost 13lbs! I'm sure that tomorrow I'll hit the one stone mark. More details of this diet are on my profile if it interests you.

Next week though, when KEN ends, I'm switching to the 5:2 diet, which to me, just makes so much sense. Intermittent, manageable fasting, with the promise of being able to eat whatever I crave on my non-fasting days. Much more reasonable!

Well, that's me in a nutshell. Get in touch if you'd like say hi!

All the best,
Sean.

Replies

• Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hi its nice to meet you. I am around your age. I will be 38 years old in a month and a half. my name is Katie. pardon my photo but its a reminder of my first goal not to weigh for awhile to break my scale obbession habit.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Eating at a moderate calorie deficit and exercising will help you achieve your goals. You can definitely do this.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Feel free to add me!
  • SocaSean
    SocaSean Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Katie, thanks for saying hi. Good to meet you!
  • SocaSean
    SocaSean Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Done—and big respect to you for your stupendous weight loss!