Turkey Burger Recipes

Options
dessyjo
dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
I bought a pack of turkey patties and want to know how to 'spice' them up without ruining my calories. I made one tonight, just like I would a beef burger and it lacked flavor. After I put a few Tbsp of fat free miracle whip and spinach on it, it wasn't horrible, but i'd rather not have to put miracle whip on it what so ever.

Anyone have any recipes or ideas of what to put on it or cook it with?

Replies

• skinnyinmt
    skinnyinmt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I make fresh turkey burgers by adding ! package of Knorrs vegatable soup mix, I egg and 1/4 cup I talian bread crumbs. If you like cilantro cut fresh cilantro into th emix. Fabulous.

If I used the pre made burgers I use Simply Asain spices. I love the sesame ginger.

You can also make a turkey avocado sandwich . Love avocados and they are a good fat.

Hope that helps.
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I make very good turkey "patties" with 20 oz ground turkey, 1/3 cup bread crumbs, 1 egg, 1 TBSP lemon juice, 2 TBSP soy sauce, and sliced scallions. I divide them into 8 patties and fry in a little olive oil. They work out to about 100 calories per patty.
  • mindygeske
    mindygeske Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Tenzuya
    Tenzuya Posts: 64
    Options
    2 TBSP soy sauce,
    ^^This^^ mix it in before you cook your patties
  • mommadid
    mommadid Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you so much it looks like it will be great and less fat.
  • clyn7819
    clyn7819 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I also like to mix onion in with ground turkey or chicken (breast) & use
    Mrs Dash no salt grilling spice. No bun, with veggies.
  • c_wolk1
    c_wolk1 Posts: 1
    Options
    We buy a ground turkey package and I like to add: Lowrey's seasoning salt, worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, and chopped onions.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Imake my own and add chopped red bell peppers and onions, worchestershire, tomato sauce and red pepper flakes for heat.
  • Exqitblkprl
    Exqitblkprl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My diet is very restricted but for a different spin on turkey burgers... I use ground turkey, garlic, onion & curry powders, a dash of Mrs. Dash Orginal Blend, diced scallions (green parts included), diced red bell peppers, italian bread crumbs and "Egg Beaters" liquid egg whites. Because of diet restrictions I don't salt any of my food. But for others, I'm sure sea salt would make these even more tastier.
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Do you have Worcestershire Sauce in the US? Or is it a UK thing? Also known as Lea and Perrins.

IF you can get it, try it. My Turkey burgers are Ground Turkey, chopped scallions, a dash or 2 of Worcestershire Sauce, a little paprika and black pepper. They are yummy!!!
  • Chrisgriff32
    Chrisgriff32 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mrsnecincy
    mrsnecincy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Agree re worcestershire sauce. I also like mango chutney with turkey burgers.
  • cwashkowiak
    cwashkowiak Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the worcestershire and soy sause. I make fresh spicy guacamole and spread a thin layer on the bun.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I make very good turkey "patties" with 20 oz ground turkey, 1/3 cup bread crumbs, 1 egg, 1 TBSP lemon juice, 2 TBSP soy sauce, and sliced scallions. I divide them into 8 patties and fry in a little olive oil. They work out to about 100 calories per patty.
  • JVCB
    JVCB Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy this Asian Turkey Burger recipe.

1 1/2 lbs ground turkey, 93% lean
    1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
    1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    2 scallions, finely chopped
    3 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon sesame oil
    1 tablespoon minced ginger
    1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

I always add extra ginger, green onions and garlic to mine, and reduce the amount of sesame oil and soy. Refrigerate the patties for a bit before cooking to help them hold together and to let the flavors blend. The uncooked patties freeze well too, so I make extra for easy dinners. They taste great on a "lettuce bun" if you want to reduce calories even more.
  • jennyrae719
    jennyrae719 Posts: 129
    Options
    we make ranch cheddar turkey burgers..... AWESOME!!! got the recipe from sparkpeople.com
  • agtapia09
    agtapia09 Posts: 94
    Options
    Just had one for dinner :) I personally enjoy oregano seasoning, garlic powder and pepper on a store bought turkey patty :)

I sautéed some onions, red bell pepper and mushrooms in extra virgin olive oil and had some swiss Cheese and a hint of bbq sauce added :)

1 tomato slice, fresh spinach and some avocado to top it off.

Truly epic.
  • KylieJordan16
    KylieJordan16 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you like spicy, I make Southwestern Turkey burgers flavored with green chilis, jalapeno's, mexican spices & put it on a 100 calorie sandwich bun with lettuce, avocado and red onions. SO GOOD!