upset!

Options
ok so i have been workeen out the last like 4 days every day atleast doing something, including 2 days of over 2 hours of swimming, i have been way under my calorie intake ( because of the swimming, after i swim and put it in it says that i have like 1000+ extra calories i still have left to consume) well, i iknow im not eating the number 1 top healthiest , but i am eating way better than what i was 7 days ago, shouldnt i have seen atleast a little bit of a result? in 4 days i weigh in the morning after i go to the bathroom and before i eat

Replies

• cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    I didn't see results for a month and a half to be honest with you! I started working out in November and finally the results started showing in January! It takes time and that's what is so discouraging! keep at it and eventually you will see the results!!!
  • treasurep
    treasurep Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It took me almost a month to find the right calorie/fat that are needed to keep myself out of starvation mode. Now that I found the right balance it saw almost a 2 lb drop in a week. You just need to get the right balance and you will start seeing results. My journals are open if you wanna peek at them. I have never ate this much in my life and now I'm eating all day long and loosing weight. Take a look.
  • hendrek1
    hendrek1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I busted my butt for 6 months and lost only 10 lbs. That's diet and working out a minimum of an hour a day (calisthenics) five days a week. I didn't lose weight quickly, but I DID lose inches. Also, water is key. I hate drinking it, it's a chore. However, I've found that it does make the weight move more quickly. Keep with it. You will like the results!
  • marion68
    marion68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started in the middle of May to eat right and exercise and also got upset because I work out six days a week for 80 min. My husband started telling me to stay away from the scale for 2-3 weeks and I did. I weight myself after 3 weeks and sure enough I lost an extra 7 pounds and inches of my waist and hips. Just hang in there and take your time. Don't get discouraged, just keep going. It's worth it !!!!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    It took me a month to see any results. hang in there!
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The calories that you're given for swimming might be too high, too. Some of the exercises in the database have very generous calorie "rewards" (I ran into that problem with the calories given for hiking and horseback riding). The calories you actually burn are related to how much you personally work, so if you're a pretty strong swimmer, you might not be putting as much effort into the same amount of swimming as another person.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It takes longer that 4 days to see results, hang in there.....also I wore my HRM in the pool yesterday, I did 108 minutes of running, jumping, and several other exercises and only burned a total of 170 calories, this tells me that the calories earned here on mfp are way off, the other day when I did the same thing, mfp had over 1,000 calories earned.
    Also, you have to at least eat the minimum calories, going below that is only hurting yourself in the long run.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Get away from those scales. Keep doing what your doing, measure yourself instead of weighing in for a while. You'll see results, stay with it.
  • shawnalmil
    shawnalmil Posts: 137
    Options
    The calories that you're given for swimming might be too high, too. Some of the exercises in the database have very generous calorie "rewards" (I ran into that problem with the calories given for hiking and horseback riding). The calories you actually burn are related to how much you personally work, so if you're a pretty strong swimmer, you might not be putting as much effort into the same amount of swimming as another person.
    it said that for leisurly swimming it was 600cal/hour. i mean to me this kinda sounded wrong so when i went i dont just walk i freestyle back stroke and breast stroke, i hope from one end to other i run, do lunges, i mean i actually do stuff, i dont think im a strong swimming, i mean i could never right now be in a swim team and in any way keep up with anyone!
  • divachris2
    divachris2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    the worst thing you can do is give up, you will see results, give it more time! Good luck!:wink:
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    It takes longer that 4 days to see results, hang in there.....also I wore my HRM in the pool yesterday, I did 108 minutes of running, jumping, and several other exercises and only burned a total of 170 calories, this tells me that the calories earned here on mfp are way off, the other day when I did the same thing, mfp had over 1,000 calories earned.
    Also, you have to at least eat the minimum calories, going below that is only hurting yourself in the long run.
    my minimum is 1650, i was eating around 1500, but with the swimming it says i had learned 1499 extra calories to eat there was no way i was going to eat that much, i want to lose weight not gain it and i think 3,000 cals/day is just to much , like i said i want to lose not gain or even maintain,

i know there wouldnt be that big of a result in 4 days, i just thought maybe something, LOL, like an oz LOL, idk maybe im crazy, i dont want to lose to fast either,
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Could be lack of calories. Sometimes if your not eating enough your body goes into starvation mode and you wont see any weight loss. Keep up the exercise and eat enough and you will notice results. Good luck!
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    the worst thing you can do is give up, you will see results, give it more time! Good luck!:wink:
    im not giving up this time, i mean i feel good, and im doing a lot better about the scale than i was last time! lol i was like seriously 8 times, a day, i was thinking of weighing 1 a mnth? im on a liquid diet tomarrow, i have a colonoscapy on wednesday, fun fun!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Like others shared 4 days is far to quick to expect results, weighing weekly is best so you don't drive yourself batty. Just eat healthy, keep working out, get in your water and leave the scale be. Someone else suggested taking measurements they are far more accurate than jumping on and off the scale as our body fluctuates throughout the entire day in weight.

Patience Girl or you'll drive yourself crazy!:noway:

Plus a 1000 cals for swimming sounds crazy high to me unless you're using a HRM and it tells you that. I myself would err on the side of caution and cut it in half at least. As Maggie shared her HRM was 170 burned for a more aerobic water workout. It's up to you but if you do feel you've burned that much you'll want to eat back at least 1/2 those cals each day to lose!

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    my minimum is 1650, i was eating around 1500, but with the swimming it says i had learned 1499 extra calories to eat there was no way i was going to eat that much, i want to lose weight not gain it and i think 3,000 cals/day is just to much , like i said i want to lose not gain or even maintain,

i know there wouldnt be that big of a result in 4 days, i just thought maybe something, LOL, like an oz LOL, idk maybe im crazy, i dont want to lose to fast either,

You should invest in a Heart Rate Monitor, you'll be surprised how far off the calories are, I doubt you really earn 1499, that sounds like what a professional athlete would earn, like Michael Phelps
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    im going to go delete the last weigh in, ill weigh in again in again on my daughters 1 birthday, on july 10th! then i dont have to weigh again for like 3 weeks and i can eat a small piece of her cake with out the sale showing!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    My thoughts on swimming calories... as I don't have an HRM ~
    I will go to the pool with the kids for usually about 4 hours in the evening. Sometimes I get to walk/run/swim the length on my own, other times I will swim underwater with my daughter riding horsie, and then I get to carry my son around while I walk the pool in squats. It feels leisurely, so that's how I enter it. But the amount of calories is huge!! Doesn't feel right to me, so I usually enter 90 minutes if I been in the water 3 hours (we usually stop for dinner and once an hour for sunscreen). So, I get 800 extra calories as opposed to 1600. I've seen lots of people on the sight take HRM readings and only get in the 100s in an hour, though I don't know their stats yadayada.... so, that's how I do it, and I feel like its a realistic number for the amount of time spent in the water, cause I know it does burn alot of calories.
    And one day, I will get a HRM.