12 WEEKS IN... NOT BAD!

Options
Hi. Well, i've just finished 12 weeks so far on MFP, and I think I can really see a difference. I've been taking it very slow (on the -1 lb per week plan), exercising 3x per week. After my first twelve weeks I'm still on my way to my first mini-goal (to lose 10% of my weight), but I felt like celebrating for a moment with some before and in progress pics. I have lost 13 pounds so far, and I have really been learning a lot about my eating habits. I've never been able to really get into the habit of regular exercise, so I am happy that I have made it this far and maintained my 3x per week exercise goal. I'm also trying hard to be really accurate with my logging. I still have a looong way to go, but I really feel like I can maintain what I am doing for a while. So, three cheers for 12 weeks!

Here's when I started:

And now, after 12 weeks:

And the back, when I started:

And now, 12 weeks in:

Feeling good!! Hope the pics work. :)

Replies

• Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • cjjc1001
    cjjc1001 Posts: 27
    Options
    You look like you've lost a lot more than 12 lbs! You look great! Keep at it girl!
  • mrsjoyw
    mrsjoyw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thanks for sharing!! This is so encouraging because Monday will be one week for me LOL!! You are doing great!!
  • skyler8937
    Options
    You can totally tell a difference, especially in your stomach! It looks much more defined! Great job!! :-)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Huge difference, well done!!
  • jessicabakernyc
    jessicabakernyc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot everybody! :)
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!

Really great job, what do you do for exercise and food?
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    That IS amazing! Great job! That's a huge difference. And definitely looks like more than 13 lbs. Your stomach is half the size and you can see definition in it! And only exercising 3x a week? That's even more amazing! Yeah I'd like to know as well. What's your eating and exercising like?
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Can see a huge difference! Keep it up!!
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look great! Definite visible change around the middle especially. Well done you!
  • jessicabakernyc
    Options
    I've been eating around 1560-1580 calories per day. I almost always eat back my exercise calories. In terms of food, I've been trying hard to not deny myself anything I really want... just trying to really watch the portions and logging honestly. I go over my daily calories frequently, but try to maintain the weekly goal, so when I have a bad day try & make it up with good choices on the next few days. My big challenge is moderation on the drinking... I'm still trying to figure that out really because I love my wine. :) In terms of exercise, I've been doing power jam, which I really like. I try to do 100 minutes per week, so that usually breaks down to 2 40 minute workouts and one 20 minute one. I also walk a lot as a New Yorker, but I don't really log that because I consider that a normal part of my day. Thanks a lot everyone for the kind encouragement, it really makes me feel good. I thought I could see a difference, but you guys have made me feel great. Thanks a lot!
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic! Definitely a huge difference - well done. Keep up the good work. :)
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    That's great progress! Congrats!
  • kellyjkaylor
    Options
    you can see the results...awesome job!
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Great Progress! Good goin'
  • jessicabakernyc
    Options
    thank you!
  • cardio_fiend
    Options
    Good job!
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    wonderful job!!
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You're doing great!! I'm almost at 12 weeks too!! I can hardly believe it!! Keep up the great work!
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!