Low Impact Workout DVDs

Options
Hi all. I have been doing the bike and weight machines at the gym. My goal is to not only drop pounds, but get toned as well. I have lost 7 lbs since I joined the site and 27 lbs since I started in the beginning of May.
The deal is, all the walking and bike are taking a toll on my bad knees. I know I need to do it, so I do. What I want to know is if any of you have found a good workout DVD that is low impact on the knees and back. It could even be a suggestion of a website that has a list (with pictures) of low impact exercises.
I'm finding myself having to skip days working out because of my knees and/or back. I need something I can do on the days I need a low impact workout. Any suggestions?
I appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance,
Brandi

Replies

• Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    go swimming!!!! i have arthritus in my feet and one ankle, definately works for me!
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    I think the Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds dvds are pretty low impact. You pretty much march in place with lower impact movements/exercises (I believe). Check out a youtube video of it or something.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i do Leslie Sansone videos--they can be as low impact as you need them to be. Highly recommend them.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone also, I have a really bad knee and back issues. I can do her 5 mile walk. I also do pool exercises to try and strengthen my knee. Good shoes and a I tend to favor the bad knee and I wear a brace. Good luck.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Pilates is great for toning and you are on a mat most of the time. However I don't think it does much for calorie burn.
  • brannick
    brannick Posts: 7
    Options
    I can't swim and already wear braces. lol
    I will try the Leslie Sansone videos. Thanks guys.