turbo fire intensity?

Options
Hi All~ I recently completed insanity... Proud of myself for that one. I started Tf this week, and am on day 5. I started out with week 1, just because I need help with the moves...feel like a fool. Anyways the videos just arent feeling intense or like enough of a workout. Will they become "more"? Right now when I am done with TF I have been running 2-3 miles and doing some lifting too. Now today is my 5th day and I think its Fire55, so maybe it will be more> but honestly the last few days I am done and it just felt like I was "warming up". Help me out here.

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    The key to making TF intense is to get deep in the moves (low lunges with the step forward/side moves), jump with the Hi-Lo's and Star Jacks tuck squats, quick jabs and give 120% with the HIITs. I've done TF twice and Insanity once, nothing compares to Insanity. But If you follow Chalene and get into the moves you can get a good sweat.

When I needed the extra push I used hand weights (you see some of the people using them, the blue weights on their hands) and my shoulders would BURN!
  • smccb
    smccb Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I did TF before Insanity. I lost my last 20 pounds doing 12 weeks of TF, and then toned up a bit more with Insanity. And then I went back to TF, just because it was so much more fun.

If I had to compare them objectively, I would admit that Insanity is more challenging than TF. But TF is no joke either, especially if you give it some time to learn the moves. The more comfortable you get with the routines, the more you can put into them, and the more effective they become.

I found Insanity a bit draining - physically, mentally, and emotionally. It was really hard some days to give 100% or to press play at all. With TF (once I learned the moves) I actually found myself looking forward to the workouts and putting so much more into them. I didn't FEEL like I was working out, but I must have been to have made so much progress. I honestly don't think I would have made as much progress with Insanity. My heart was just not in it.