whey protein reviews

Options
katy_trail
katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
I'm considering buying some in a few days for the first time.
best brands for the least cash?
I generally like chocolate flavors, but anything like very strong artificial flavors and it's pink turns me off and nauseas
so likely i would get vanilla or chocolate if that makes a difference.

Replies

• Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I saw some last night that was cake batter flavored.... yummmmm
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have Optimum Nutrition Rocky Road and it works for me!
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just bought Six Star Pro Nutrition Professional Strength Whey Isolate in decadent chocolate. I haven't had it on its own yet, but if you mix a scoop with water or milk and a tbsp peanut butter and 0.5 tbsp unsweetened cacao it'll taste just like Reeses!
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition
    Gaspari nutrition
    dymatize nutrition

All solid brands with decent pricing. I just bought 2 10 pound bags from gaspari at the end of last month and that should last me awhile. When you compare the prices, keep in mind those and any others will have different servings per container for. most will generally have similar protein per serving though. Don't get ripped off from a store like GNC, websites like bodybuilding.com will be much cheaper.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I have the GNC Wheybolic Amp 60 in vanilla. I love it! It comes in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry. It's $1/20g protein and a combination of hydrolyzed and isolate. It blends easily, is tasty, and good protein/cal.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    thanks for the concern about me getting ripped off. never been in GNC type store, don't plan to.
    will be getting this either at walmart or local grocery.

if I 1 scoop a day, what size do I need for it to last for a month? the online info says the size of the package but not how many servings that is.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    2 pounds is 29 servings per the one I have

and I will also throw in for the Optimum Nutrition, I like the french vanilla flavor
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    If you like chocolate, Gaspari Myofusion is the best tasting one I've ever had.