The ultimate diet killer.

Options
Or as I like to call it, Nutella. Of course I got a jar this morning when I really didn't want any candy or junk food at all. I know if I don't find healthy alternatives to use it for I will hinge on it until the jar is sparkly clean, now usually if we're talking about regular chocolate I have great self control but Nutella is Nutella. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. I have seen in other posts using it with Greek yogurt. I LOVE Wegmans vanilla Greek yogurt. It has 0 gat grams and is loaded with protein.

Replies

• PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky never been a huge chocolate fan, I can normally end a sweet tooth craving with a handful of blueberries. Sometimes though I do become a ***** to Twizzlers or Gummi Bears
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I can only buy the individual servings with the breadsticks...No self control.
    Give me a big jar of it, I will find a way to eat my entire calorie allowance with it. Eek.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Love Nutella because I love peanut butter!! I cannot have either in my house. I WiLL not sabotage my efforts when I know this!!!
  • ericcanute
    ericcanute Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I can only buy the individual servings with the breadsticks...No self control.
    Give me a big jar of it, I will find a way to eat my entire calorie allowance with it. Eek.
    This is exactly me. The first time it entered the house everyone was interrogated how it was full one night and then down to scraping marks the next morning.... Needless to say I was the guilty one.
  • ericcanute
    Options
    Love Nutella because I love peanut butter!! I cannot have either in my house. I WiLL not sabotage my efforts when I know this!!!
    Peanut butter is another thing I love too because its so yummy but I am able to control that!
  • annieccooper
    Options
    Peanut butter is ruining my whole diet ughh
  • KatieHall77
    KatieHall77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Make your own healthier version of Nutella. I found the recipe on a website, its easy, just do not add the sugar. Use a food processor to blend fresh hazelnuts which you have roasted in the oven dry with no oil. Then add two tsp unsweetened cocoa powder and enough almond milk to make it smooth. Don't add extra oil, you don't need it.

Nuts are naturally high in fats, so stick to a small portion. Use healthier dipping foods for your Notella, like strawberries instead of cookies.
  • ericcanute
    Options
    Peanut butter is ruining my whole diet ughh
    It's great for protein though. A friend of mine ordered this special walnut butter called Nuts N' More and it has 14 grams of protein and 14 grams of fat. I know the peanut butter I buy is similar in fats but lower protein and I haven't tried this peanut butter yet but I'd love to sometime.
  • ericcanute
    Options
    Make your own healthier version of Nutella. I found the recipe on a website, its easy, just do not add the sugar. Use a food processor to blend fresh hazelnuts which you have roasted in the oven dry with no oil. Then add two tsp unsweetened cocoa powder and enough almond milk to make it smooth. Don't add extra oil, you don't need it.

Nuts are naturally high in fats, so stick to a small portion. Use healthier dipping foods for your Notella, like strawberries instead of cookies.
    You gave me an idea actually. I wonder how well it would work if I melted down the Nutella a little bit and dipped bananas into it and froze them. :o That'd be a great kind of healthy post workout snack during the summer.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Nutella great in oatmeal
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    eat all the Nutella in one sitting and then don't buy any more. Problem solved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OENU9ZMEeww
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • jdad1
    Options
    ^^^^^^ Name is Nutella, of course a hello had to happen.
  • ericcanute
    Options
    I've never tried it in oatmeal but ill have to try it.

Well I most certainly cannot do it in one sitting, even if I wanted to. I don't buy it, usually other people buy it and taunt me with it. Not fair at all.
  • jdad1
    Options

Well I most certainly cannot do it in one sitting, even if I wanted to. I don't buy it, usually other people buy it and taunt me with it. Not fair at all.

did you watch the video? You can do it. he teaches you how. : )
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^ Name is Nutella, of course a hello had to happen.

duuuhhhh

:)
  • ericcanute
    Options

did you watch the video? You can do it. he teaches you how. : )
    Lmao, I could never do that. I know I can portion it out more healthy if I have ideas but that is too excessive. xD
  • ashjam67
    ashjam67 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter also! I found a great alternative by buying the PB2 powdered peanut butter. I'd read about it for a while and then a trainer at my local gym recommended it also so I took the plunge. 2 TBS of PB2 and 1 TBSP of water gives me just enough for one serving and I add it to the top of my protein pancakes, in my Greek yogurt, in my smoothies, etc. Love the taste and still get my protein without all of the added fat.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I discovered a way to satisfy my craving for speculoos (aka cookie butter or biscoff spread) other than eating it by the spoonful. I spread a thin to moderate layer of it between two of Crisp-n-Light wasa crackers and at it like a sandwich. This would obviously work for nutella or any other sweet spread too...and for extra yumminess (and calories) you could use graham crackers instead of wasa.

ETA: If you've never tried duo penotti, you never should.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    You could always use it as a refeed tool. Hide it someplace until you need a refeed, then indulge without any of the usual negative words slung about on here. It is still food. Yummy too. Just save it until it is needed. Then BAM!