what do you eat for lunch

Options
most days?

Replies

• EJSunflower
    EJSunflower Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, brown rice brocolli and some chicken tenderloins lightly breaded with panko bread crumbs and fried in some olive oil...or egg whites turkey bacon, english muffin n a veggie..
  • Smallbluepebble
    Smallbluepebble Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Baby leaf salad greens, cucumber, baby plum tomatoes and black olives with some protein such as tuna, ham, eggs, feta/cottage cheese, bean & lentil mix, chicken/turkey or salmon. If I still feel hungry I might have a rye cracker or two as well. All for between 300 & 350 (ish) calories.

:smile:
  • wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options
    I tend to have leftovers from dinner the night before. I like to cook and so I make too much for just the two of us to eat. This way we don't have to figure out what is for lunch the next day.
  • kellyg55
    kellyg55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate Shakeology with almond milk, bananas, 1 tpsb of organice peanut butter. It is delicious and keeps me full for hours. Kelly-Beachbody Coach
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Normally a sandwich, a yoghurt and a piece of fruit.
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Kidney or pinto beans, collard greens w/ olive oil & vinegar, an apple.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Usually leftovers. I try to make some sort of dish on Saturday or Sunday, like a pot of soup or a casserole- something with about 8-10 servings in it. I enter the ingredients into MFP and then I measure how many cups of food I have (If it's a casserole I measure it before putting it in the dish and baking it) and then I measure a cup or cup and a half into a to go container to take to lunch at work. Then I usually have a side salad to go with it- sometimes cottage cheese or a block of cheese.

This helps me control what I'm eating and if I have food made that "needs to be eaten before it goes bad." That helps me to avoid going out to lunch too many days and spending too much money and eating too much crap. I try to go out to lunch with my work friends one to two days a week- for me that strikes a good balance.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with chocolate chips and honey added.
  • Clement1ne
    Options
    Half Turkey sandwich with European whole grain bread;
    1 tsp Mustard;
    Lots of romaine lettuce;
    1 slice President's Choice Blue Menu No Fat Swiss Cheese.

I enjoy this with a few cheese curds or vegetable soup. :smile:
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Smoothie king...
  • MsBobLoblaw
    MsBobLoblaw Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    On weekdays I usually have 6 ounces of fat-free plain greek yogurt with a cup of blueberries and a quarter-cup of Grape Nuts mixed in for 290 calories. Weekends always vary.