Experiment: Looking for guinea pigs/test subjects please!

Options
Hi,

I am looking for about a few volunteers to help me with a 2 week experiment. I really want to look at how support networks can help with motivation in terms of weight loss/weight gain!

Basically what I'm wanting to do is set a up a small group of MFP users, each of the 4 will be buddied up with 2 buddies, one who will give them support and one who they will give support to. In terms of giving support it'll be the usual commenting on food diaries and general motivation. Depending on what the indidual asks for there may be other things lie challenges which I can help with…

ALL volunteers will get on-going support from me!

So if your interested please get in touch…

Look forward to hearing from you

Adam

Replies

• Elizadolots
    Elizadolots Posts: 178
    Options
    I'll be up for this!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Me too- I'm in the UK so there will be a time difference.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in joining too.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    wouldent this kinda be a waste of time since everyone would know they are being watched. I think you may get more accurete results watching people that don't know they they are being studied. How to do that i have no idea but i am just saying.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Presumably the idea is to study whether being watching/watching someone else helps keep you on track.
  • AdamBellfpt
    AdamBellfpt Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It's not about being watched or not watched at al!

What we are trying to look at how beneficial a support network can be. One thing I have come to realise is that I can give ll the support in the world but sometimes having someone who has been through a similar experience can provide additional support. I want to look at how effective these are and if it is very useful, then I want to start to create networks for clients and MFP friends who don't seem to have great amounts of support.

This is gonna be a trial run…and I'll also work with people on here to help them reach their goals as a thank you for taking part!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Are you going to control for people who already have "enough" support in place on here? Could be a problem finding people with no other support network already. Sorry to be a "Dolly Downer" - I'd volunteer but I think I have plenty of support now! :-)
  • AdamBellfpt
    Options
    I am also taking into account other support individuals might have.
  • SophiaFerns
    Options
    If you're looking for Guinean pigs still I'd like to be part.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I am also taking into account other support individuals might have.

Oh, well in that case I'll volunteer, if you'll have me, after being a bit awkward.... :-) (why is there no "wink" icon on here, it's the one I want to use most often!)
  • AdamBellfpt
    Options
    Will be messaging you guys more details and a few intro questions. Thanks
  • AdamBellfpt
    Options
    Ideally need a few more volunteers…anyone interested? Please reply or send me a PM!

Thanks!
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of confused as to what the experiment exactly involves...but you can add me! :D
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I shouldn't blast music while trying to focus :/
  • RoseThePenguin
    RoseThePenguin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'd be up for it :) Starting p90x again today so I could all the encouragment I could get x)
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm on holiday right now so not super active but if you don't start before the 7th, I'm game (also UK based)
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued! If you still need people.
  • Brummig
    Brummig Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm up for it if you're still wanting more.
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Im up if you still need more. I live in the UK and have not yet established a support network on here as I have only just come back after being yoyo-ing for a while