Green coffee- Is it a scam?

Options
Ive heard a lot of talk about green coffee, and success stories. Has anybody ever tried it, or know somebody who has? I really need to drop 20lbs fast, and I was wondering if along with diet and exercise this would maybe be something I should try?

Replies

• Jude_V
    Jude_V Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey Cassie....google green coffee and kidneys....:) Probably not so good...
  • Cassieludwig
    Options
    Hey Cassie....google green coffee and kidneys....:) Probably not so good...

I found one site that says people with kidney/liver problems shouldn't take it. But I'm also not supposed to drink coffee, but I do anyways? I was thinking about talking to my primary care doctor about it, see if it is "kidney friendly" But if it is, its not something I want to invest money on if it doesn't work, you know?
  • Jude_V
    Jude_V Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think that's a good plan....talk to your Doctor I mean :)

Speaking as someone who tried every diet pill and weight loss aid out there, I think most of them really don't work. I was reading an incredible success story online the other day about a woman who took raspberry ketone supplement and lost 25lbs in 5 weeks. I was so convinced I started reaching for my bank card - then I googled it and found it's a scam!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Putting myself out there a little bit... I have epilepsy. I found out the hard way (several times)... I can't take diet aids or any herbal stimulants having to do with dieting or energy stimulants. While it's not the exact same situation, I understand how frustrating it can be to have those medical restrictions.

I think though that you may find that just by changing your diet and portion control you are going to see a dramatic change. You might even surprise yourself. I'm always around if you need to chit chat :)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Save your money.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Save your money.

I agree.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Save your money.

I agree.

me three.
  • tamiz2013
    tamiz2013 Posts: 21
    Options
    Save your money.

I agree.

me three.

Mefour
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Save your money.

I agree.

me three.

Mefour

Me five.
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    scam
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My mom brought me some green coffee bean extract as a gift. She said it gives her more energy and assists with a little bit of weight loss. I don't buy into that kind of thing, but it was a gift and I wanted to be able to tell her that I tried it, so I did.

I really didn't notice any difference in anything. One day I realized, "oh, I forgot to take it today" and then just stopped. Strangely, since I've stopped taking it a couple of weeks ago, I've actually lost weight.

Echoing others, I say save your money!
  • koko12
    koko12 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    anything that has to do with losing weight fast is dumb. sounds too good to be true? always is
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I don't know that green coffee is a "scam". I think it's a good antioxidant, which may "support" weight loss. That being said, I took it for 2 months and didn't lose anything.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Save your money.

I agree.

me three.

Mefour

Me five.

+1 more times a million.