running shorts that don't ride up

Options
GoRun2
GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
Hi,

Looking for running shorts that don't ride up. My thighs still rub at the top which seems to cause the shorts to ride up.

I saw a thread from a year ago on the topic but the shorts they recommended aren't available anymore.

Thoughts?
Vicky

Replies

• mizkirsty
    mizkirsty Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi,

Looking for running shorts that don't ride up. My thighs still rub at the top which seems to cause the shorts to ride up.

I saw a thread from a year ago on the topic but the shorts they recommended aren't available anymore.

Thoughts?
    Vicky

Buy Lycra shots (almost like cycling shorts) they won't ride up but will be tight. Xx
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    I like the longer compression shorts (7 or 8 inch inseam). They hold everything in place and don't seem to ride up at all. :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Nike has some lightweight running shorts with the underwear built in that I love. I bought them at ****'s sporting goods. Also, if your thighs rub, try using some Glide. It's a deodorant stick-like bar that you rub anywhere there is friction. When I used it, it helped with the 'riding' up of my shorts too. You can also go up a size and wear them bigger if there is a drawstring in the waist.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I buy running shorts made of nylon. They don't ride up at all and have another layer underneath.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I buy running capris, because i have the same issue. Bumping to read the suggestions.
  • SimpleThingsInLife
    Options
    I buy BCG™ Women's Running Short, from Academy Sports. They are on sale right now for $9.88 each. Can't beat that price and they stay put!

Most of their BCG brand items work for me, and fit perfect into my budget.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I may be the wrong gender for this thread, but Hanes Most Comfortable Yet boxer briefs are terrific for the guys. Made the mistake of running with normal boxers today and had to keep doing the half step shimmy every 100 steps or so.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I like the longer compression shorts (7 or 8 inch inseam). They hold everything in place and don't seem to ride up at all. :)
    This! They work great.
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    longer lyrcra shorts, like bicycle shorts, with reg running shorts on top
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I buy BCG™ Women's Running Short, from Academy Sports. They are on sale right now for $9.88 each. Can't beat that price and they stay put!

Most of their BCG brand items work for me, and fit perfect into my budget.

^^ Thanks for this info. It appears this site has decent stuff for great prices. I will be looking into buying a few things from there.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My favorite for running are New Balance compression shorts, 5".

No matter how thin I get my thighs will always rub together. I totally understand the problem.
  • markdavy1982
    markdavy1982 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You cant beat nike 2 in 1 shorts for running. They have a tight short built in with a loose short over the top so you get all the advantages of the close fit short without the close fit look and only one waist band.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've been having this issue.. I've got a pair of shorts I love.. but they ride up and it hurts O.o so I've been wearing basketball shorts. I'm too broke to go buy a nicer pair.. but soon! So far basketball shorts have been just find for me =)
  • katerinajulia
    katerinajulia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i like to wear spandex/compression shorts underneath a pair of shorter (usually danskin) shorts which reduces chafing and is relatively comfortable. although i do agree that finding good running shorts that don't ride up is fairly difficult
  • 0hhCarolina
    Options
    You might like the shorts that have cyclist-style compression shorts stitched under the regular looking shorts. They're available at any specialty running retailer.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Sorry. They don't exist. Unless of course you get something like spandex, or wear slim running pants. Once you get thin enough that your thighs don't rub together (assuming that they do now) this should be much less of a problem. I feel your frustration 100%. I will also say, you may find using baby powder helpful here. I used to get rubbed raw at the tops of my thighs even with non-cotton running shorts. The powder made a difference.
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I'll go with the compression shorts. Nike has a 5" length on Zappos
  • plum1000
    plum1000 Posts: 11
    Options
    Right on! Love my Nike's. Super lightweight. Bought a pair for swimming because needed the back, zippered pocket for the hotel room key. I have various lengths so I can wear the longer ones at malls and department stores as well as for running. For exercise at the gym though, particularly in classes, as a guy, I can't, or shouldn't, wear the running shorts. Instead, I wear compressions that are sized up so that they don't compress much but act as fitted shorts. No way I will wear the baggies that most places sell.
  • plum1000
    plum1000 Posts: 11
    Options
    If you have a store like Marshall's or Ross... you'll occasionally find a good deal on the name-brands. That's where I got my Nike's.