SUGAR?! :(

Options
I have been working on getting more veggies and fruits in my diet, and have been doing pretty good.
But, since I started this my sugar intake is always over!

Like, what I normally eat is lets say a bartlett pear, a couple strawberries and a english cucumber. I did this a couple days ago, and this was apparently over my recommended sugar intake from MFP.

Any idea how I can avoid this, or what fruit and veg I should look for to help?
Or is this not a problem since the sugar is coming from vegetables and fruits?

I have to shop with whatever is on sale, so this week it was strawberries, pears, cucumbers, and zucchini courgettes.
:(

*Edit*

I double checked and it was half an english cucumber and a banana that day, and that was by lunch.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about fruit & veggie sugars - no worries.
  • taylorxpaige
    taylorxpaige Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about natural sugars. The only sugars you need to be worried about are those that come from processed foods (breads, baked goods, candy etc.). One thing that I wish MFP did was calculate the natural sugars vs. added sugars. I know other websites like calorie counter do.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/415298-are-fruit-sugars-healthier/ I still watch my sugar no matter where it comes from.
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    U only have to eat a banana to be over, don't worry about the fruit sugars x
  • lilwren1
    lilwren1 Posts: 3
    Options
    i'm diabetic but eat as much fruit and veg as i want \nd my sugar levels are fine!! don't get too obsessed!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to do so there's no reason to track your sugar.

Just watch your overall carb and calorie intake.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to do so there's no reason to track your sugar.

Just watch your overall carb and calorie intake.

Yep
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Don't worry about natural sugars. The only sugars you need to be worried about are those that come from processed foods (breads, baked goods, candy etc.). One thing that I wish MFP did was calculate the natural sugars vs. added sugars. I know other websites like calorie counter do.

Yeah it would be lovely if they added that feature. I guess I wont worry about it to much, I don't really have a sweet tooth only an ice cream cone every couple months or so. I tend to use fruit as my deserts.