Bye bye 24lbs - feeling better than ever (before/after pics)

Options
Hiya MFP buddies!

I've been a lurker of these boards for a few months now and have so many of you to thank for biting the bullet, opening yourselves up and allowing me to see and become inspired by your stories! My success is greatly due to reading others success stories on days that I wasn't feeling 100%. Thank you for reminding me what is important in life - my mind & body's health & wellness!

I was struggling for 2 years with my weight. While I still loved myself - my stamina and health was declining rapidly. I had gone from 120lbs to 144lbs (at my highest - usually around 140lbs) very quickly and it was eating at me on certain days. After visiting the hospital for GI issues / pain repeatedly with no relief, it became clear to me that I needed to be the one to take charge of my life and make a big change.

DIET:
I started my health journey with a 7 day juice fast. While I understand this is a controversial method to get healthy - it has been one that has helped me several times in my past. During this juice fasting, I drank fresh juices made from organic vegetables and fruits that I prepared at home (consuming 2 - 4L per day). After my fasting, I was feeling better than ever (no more GI pain) and gained quite a bit of energy / confidence in myself to pursue a healthier diet. Being a junk food junkie in the past, it was always difficult to make the switch to healthier food but after my fast, I did not desire to touch the junk food that I once loved! I stuck to vegetables, fruits, lean meats, wheats, etc. and rarely touch processed foods these days.

EXERCISE:
I began Jullian Michael's 30 Day Shred the week after my juice fast and let me tell you - that program packs a punch! I didn't feel as if I'd be able to work through the first 3 days but as she states in the DVD program - it does get easier around day 4 and 5. I had better stamina, flexibility and could even see a change in my body! I stuck with the program and lost 11lbs during the process! I was beginning to see the body that I once had... no wait... an even better, more firm body and my mind was stronger than ever (which is the most important aspect of this journey IMO). I've had my off days where I don't work out since stresses in life do become a lot to take. I have found that working out is a wonderful release from stress and to gain "me time" that many desperately need. I've have been jumping back into the 30 Day Shred during my ON days + yoga on my porch to clear my mind and get in tune with my body.

Needless to say, I am proud of reaching my target weight in 4 months after 2 years of struggling. My hard work & determination has paid off! I ended up getting more than I ever imagined by walking the path of health & wellness - a clear, focused mind and the realization that I can do whatever I want in life!

FUTURE GOALS:
- Tone my body further
- Discover new & exciting work out programs
- Do more yoga
- Run a 5k
- Continue eating healthy & create new yummy recipes
- Live & Love Life!

T2C2vnY.jpg
DrTDRGm.jpg
gR5DreO.jpg

EDIT - Resized photos & replaced them

Replies

• denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Yeah nice work.
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the good work :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! how tall are you? i also got to my highest weight of 142 when i knew i had to change things.... i took me 1 year to lose 20 lbs though, so you are super lucky!!!! i now bounce around 117-119 and i am trying to lose a few lbs and body fat yet... my lower belly is my issue still otherwise i am 100% happy with my weight loss....
  • CarlaChalk78
    Options
    Grats on the fabulous body changes btw! ...but I couldn't take my eyes away for the the treasure trove hehe
  • meaningful99
    Options
    Great success!! Way to go!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Looking hawt. Nice job.
  • MightyMaus
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I'm a shorty at 5'1 - so even a lil' bit of weight gain shows a lot on me. Lin - congrats on your journey! How tall are you? You will get exactly where you want with your determination! Just keep the faith and focus on how far you've come and be proud of your success!
  • ChrisMayhew87
    ChrisMayhew87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.. Well done :o) x
  • spankamber
    Options
    Way to go you look awesome and are a huge inspiration!
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    nice rack!

Great job!!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I'm a shorty at 5'1 - so even a lil' bit of weight gain shows a lot on me. Lin - congrats on your journey! How tall are you? You will get exactly where you want with your determination! Just keep the faith and focus on how far you've come and be proud of your success!

i am a shortie as well, i am 5.2 ft.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!