Keep repeating--It's just water weight...it's just water wei

Options
Ok guys--someone hand me a paper bag please because I am definitely FREAKING OUT!

thud.gif

Stepped on scale for first time since Saturday AND after my 3 day out of town trip and a total of 15 hours driving there and back. .....

the scale showed that I....

GAINED 3.5 FREAKING POUNDS!! e021.gif

Now, I know deep down that there is NO WAY I overate by over 10000 calories that would be necessary to gain that much in 3 days.

I was good--light meals when I ate out and went on two days to the work-out room at the hotel.

So I know this HAS TO BE WATER WEIGHT!

BUT OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH

I looked at that scale and about died! 60.gif

So help me remain convinced that it's water weight and will go away.

[clicking measuring spoons and food scale together and saying "it's only water weight...it's only water weight....it's only water weight...]

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Ok guys--someone hand me a paper bag please because I am definitely FREAKING OUT!

thud.gif

Stepped on scale for first time since Saturday AND after my 3 day out of town trip and a total of 15 hours driving there and back. .....

the scale showed that I....

GAINED 3.5 FREAKING POUNDS!! e021.gif

Now, I know deep down that there is NO WAY I overate by over 10000 calories that would be necessary to gain that much in 3 days.

I was good--light meals when I ate out and went on two days to the work-out room at the hotel.

So I know this HAS TO BE WATER WEIGHT!

BUT OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH

I looked at that scale and about died! 60.gif

So help me remain convinced that it's water weight and will go away.

[clicking measuring spoons and food scale together and saying "it's only water weight...it's only water weight....it's only water weight...]
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    You have it right shore. It happens to me about once a month. It'll probably be gone by the weekend. I wouldn't worry about it!
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You're right--has to be water weight. Had something similar happen to me a few weeks back. I knew I'd done everything right, and I showed a pound and a half gain. I told myself the same thing. It has to be water weight. I stuck to doing what I know is right, and lost 4 pounds the next week--no extra cutting back.

So you hang in there! You can beat this. Just do what you know is right to be healthy. I can't wait to hear what you do next week!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    When I have to sit anywhere for a long period of time (i.e. computer, meetings, car rides) I tend to feel like my skin is tighter and my hands and feet get swollen, so I truly believe that the long car ride can cause you to retain water as you were not actively moving and probably not allowing yourself to urinate nearly as much as you normally would in a given day (who likes to be the person that is always saying on a car trip "Um I have to stop to go to the bathroom again".) Keep doing the great work that you're doing, sweat a little bit, and then maybe weigh yourself after the weekend. And welcome back from your trip :)
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    It'll be gone again before you know it :flowerforyou:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You have it right shore. It happens to me about once a month. It'll probably be gone by the weekend. I wouldn't worry about it!

Once a month, huh?
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Probably just water weight ~ don't worry!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    That's okay!!! Don't get sad, just run through it!! Go! GO! GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN burn that water whatever weight! So what's the plan? :tongue: YOU CAN DO IT!
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    Also, trips can be a bit stressful even if you have fun. The stress can cause your body to hold water and a lot of other stuff. As you settle back in to being home you will be fine.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Once a month, huh?

Heh! is there something to this theory? hmmm, I wonder.... Male cycles? Who knows...
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

Once a month, huh?

Heh! is there something to this theory? hmmm, I wonder.... Male cycles? Who knows...

Great...now I spit coffee on my computer from laughing!!! LOL ((Oh wait, do I get to subtract those calories???))
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Get ahold of yourself shore......*slap...slap

It's just water weight! Promise.
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Shore,
    it's water weight and it will be gone after the next ride.
    Stop beating yourself up, you did well while you were gone and you'll be back on track in no time.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a 20 mile ride--don't know if I psyched myself out or what but after 4 day break from riding, I felt like I was pedaling through mud--backwards!! UGGHHH!

backpedal.gif

Now I'm sucking down some tea (unsweet of course!) in hopes it will chase out all that evil water weight!

Thanks for the support guys!
  • Meriller
    Meriller Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling completely, I had this breakdown a few days ago!!!:noway:

Likely it's a cyclical thing - us lucky women, but don't forget also...
    restaurant eating, even the healthy stuff can contain far more sodium than in a home regimen, which will encourage water retention, right?

Don't panic - give it a few days, you'll see your chanting was right! LOL:laugh:
    :flowerforyou:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options

Once a month, huh?

Great...now I spit coffee on my computer from laughing!!! LOL ((Oh wait, do I get to subtract those calories???))

Not only do you subtract the calories from spitting out coffee, but you get to add the calories you burned laughing!

PS - I was hoping someone would catch on to my earlier post :bigsmile: :wink:
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    [/quote]

Not only do you subtract the calories from spitting out coffee, but you get to add the calories you burned laughing!

[/quote]

.... don't forget to add the calories earned from cleaning