New here, reading some of the posts.

Options

Replies

• charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You found a rude reply to a post? I was shocked when I read your post. Granted, I have not had the time to read every post, but I don't remember ever reading one that was rude. I've read inspirational ones and insightful ones, educational ones and simply helpful ones, lots have made me laugh out loud and with some I shed a tear, others made me shout "WOO HOO!" as a fellow logger's cheer, some have been a "chin up, you can do it!' and others are more of a "been there and done that, so I'll help you through it", but never have I seen one that was meant to be rude, maybe you put your own spin on it, were you in a bad mood?

Lucky for this one ^^ she's not spending much time in the forums. Good for you!

Too true! I think the forums are harsh...
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    There are lots of very informative, helpful people here who have accomplished great things and who can give you beneficial information to help you on your way, but thanks for judging us on your first post.

Best of luck on your journey.
  • jfelder2
    jfelder2 Posts: 3
    Options
    What I do is, when I see the ones who are notoriously rude, self righteous, know-it-all etc... I just hit the ignore feature on them. That way I don't have to see their rude remarks.

Thanks I found the ignore feature!
  • charliemarie923
    Options
    What I do is, when I see the ones who are notoriously rude, self righteous, know-it-all etc... I just hit the ignore feature on them. That way I don't have to see their rude remarks.

You mean someone else knows how to use the ignore button other than me? Amazing!

I dont! Please educate as i am in need of this very feature!

See my profile pic? And my username below it? Click the triangle next to it...and select "ignore user" from the dropdown. (Go ahead and try it on mine. Will probably save you some future angst.)

I found it thanks
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I agree.................your post is probably one of the rudest I have seen in a long time.

Shut the door on your way out :drinker:

^^This^^ :bigsmile:

Makes me think of the phrase the girls at work say when they want someone to go somewhere else: “Don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya."
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You mean someone else knows how to use the ignore button other than me? Amazing!

I dont! Please educate as i am in need of this very feature!

See my profile pic? And my username below it? Click the triangle next to it...and select "ignore user" from the dropdown. (Go ahead and try it on mine. Will probably save you some future angst. I'm one of the "mean" people.)

I found it thanks

You're welcome.

(Helping people...it's what I do.)
  • jfelder2
    jfelder2 Posts: 3
    Options
    Search the Groups for a challenge that sounds fun or group of people you have something in common with. Within the Groups and Challenges, most people are wonderfully supportive. Send friend requests to those on the forums whom you feel are making constructive comments. Once you have a friends list of a few great people, this site becomes really fabulous.

There are a few bullies here, quite a few who are very well meaning but figure the best way is to be blunt, and of course everyone has an opinion. If you read the Success Stories thread, or Motivation and Support, you'll find the most positive and inspiring posts. If you read the Fitness and Exercise or Food and Nutrition threads, you'll find equal parts good and bad advice. Some of the good advice is really eye-opening, but you do have to wade through some crap to find it.

Thanks, besides the info re: ignore user feature, this is the most helpful info I have seen thus far. Thank you for that!
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Don't let the negative people get in the way of you doing positive thing
  • charliemarie923
    Options
    Don't let the negative people get in the way of you doing positive thing

Best answer yet!
  • Soosannah
    Soosannah Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I read the rude snarky comments for entertainment value only. Can keep me entertained for at least 30 mins or more. If I get tired of it, guess what? I QUIT READING. No one is forcing you to post OR read rude comments.

If I want a serious answer to a serious question, I post within my group where we all have like minded goals, workout routines etc. I don't put it out there for the general population.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,068 Member
    Options
    I rarely see actual rudeness here.

But if I'm having a particularly irritated reaction for some reason, I often just Ctrl+W.

And then take a walk.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I believe what happened here is OP must have had the pleasure os Shmoony's "3 most annoying posts" thread. I have to admit, if that were the first post I saw upon entering this site, I might feel the same way!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I believe what happened here is OP must have had the pleasure os Shmoony's "3 most annoying posts" thread. I have to admit, if that were the first post I saw upon entering this site, I might feel the same way!
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Please don't judge this site from some of the replies.... There are many of us who are here to accomplish what our goals are...yes there are some out here who seem to be only thinking of themselves...but this is a great place to lose weight....
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I always enjoy seeing the people with the fewest posts being the loudest complainers.

Yes, please start liberal use of the ignore feature in your first month. The best way to learn is to cover your ears, right? That way you can enjoy your cleanses, magic pills and 1000 calorie diets without having to put up with mean peeps. Solid plan and I approve
  • mdhughes33
    Options
    is this like "complain about threads day" or something? why is everyone *****ing ...

Too much Easter candy temptation making everyone cranky? ;)
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just like any website, there are going to be rude posts because people can be rude! However, there are also a lot of positive posts. Don't let a few rude people ruin it for you!

I was on MFP beforehand and I lost 25lbs. I stopped my diet (well got a job and just didn't concentrate on it anymore) and now I am on it again and losing weight! I love how I can enter in everything I eat, my exercise and see the progress in my weight loss!
  • Hello I'm also new here, hiya guys

Options
    Hello I'm also new here, hiya guys

HI :flowerforyou:
  • danceaway100
    danceaway100 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You found a rude reply to a post? I was shocked when I read your post. Granted, I have not had the time to read every post, but I don't remember ever reading one that was rude. I've read inspirational ones and insightful ones, educational ones and simply helpful ones, lots have made me laugh out loud and with some I shed a tear, others made me shout "WOO HOO!" as a fellow logger's cheer, some have been a "chin up, you can do it!' and others are more of a "been there and done that, so I'll help you through it", but never have I seen one that was meant to be rude, maybe you put your own spin on it, were you in a bad mood?

Lucky for this one ^^ she's not spending much time in the forums. Good for you!

Yeah...I'm thinking I'll keep to my group and stray no more!!