im not hungry! and idk what to do

Options
so i ate breakfast at like 9:30a central time, at 11:30a i went and did the elliptical for 20 minutes and then went into the pool for about 20 minutes, doing laps, i came home and its now 2:15 and i for some reason feel not hungry but kinda full, im not drinking like a whole bottle of water at a time either, so idky i feel full. should i go eat something

Replies

• rebeccald08
    rebeccald08 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I say you shouldn't eat when you don't feel hungry. Sometimes water does make you feel full, so that's good. Whenever you feel hungry, try drinking water first. If you are still hungry, then eat. If you feel like you have to eat, get something small to eat - like a piece of fruit or some veggies and dip. :)
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    What did you have for breakfast? Maybe eat smaller portion tomorrow, or something less fiber, but still with some of course.
    I don't think I would eat this late, so you can eat at dinner, or it will start a viscious cycle and you'll be up and hungry at midnight. Sometimes when I am out in the heat, like in the pool, I won't feel hungry, until I start eating.
  • waymethb
    waymethb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    After I workout I don't feel hungry for awhile afterwards. I agree with the above posters..if you don't feel hungry don't eat...just don't let yourself get to where you are starving either. When you start feeling a little hungry just go and have something light and you should do fine.
  • Lindsey1115
    Options
    I usually am not hungry after I work out (especially a hard work out). Exercise can be an appetite suppressant for some people. I make a point to eat a very light snack before I work out (to help avoid low blood sugar) and eat a protein rich meal within an hour of working out.

Google eating after you work out. Several sites say you need to eat after you work out because it helps to rebuild muscle. Or look at the Mayo clinics web site: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise/HQ00594_D

My advice is eat something small if you're still not hungry but yes you should eat.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Exercise is an appetite suppressant. You still need to eat - especially because you exercised - because your body needs fuel. Eat something light but high calorie. Almonds, avocado, any kind of nut really... maybe drink some milk and have some toast with peanut butter. Great after work out snack and should eat up some of your calories.
  • jbogo1
    jbogo1 Posts: 28
    Options
    When i work out, I feel full too! Soemtimes the thought of eating a meal is jsut way too much. However, I do try and eat a little something to keep my metabolism going- like a handful of nuts, granola bar or a piece of fruit. That will ususally keep me satisfied until dinner.