Can't get it outta my head!

Options
I went on a binge last night and i can't get it outta my head the little grungy critic that is running around in my thoughts repeating over and over I will fail at this again.How do you change this worthless thinking? I'm blaming this lapse on the full moon:bigsmile:
Peggy

Replies

• IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I went on a binge last night and i can't get it outta my head the little grungy critic that is running around in my thoughts repeating over and over I will fail at this again.How do you change this worthless thinking? I'm blaming this lapse on the full moon:bigsmile:
    Peggy
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself how far you've come!! Also, remember that this is a 'one day at a time' kinda thing. The reason so many of us have failed in the past is that we gave up after the one rough time.

Chin up, you have this!! Acknowledge what you have done wrong and how to avoid it then start today. You've got this!!
    :flowerforyou:
    M
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Damn full moon!!!! :bigsmile: Today is a new day!!! We all do this from time to time. I know I do, too often I must say...just pick yourself up and keep going...little steps at a time. You cannot expect to change your habits in a short amount of time. It will take a lot of time. As long as you are making small changes you are on the right path...good luck to you, you can do it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I've thought that many times too. Just last week up until yesterday I kinda gave up and binged everynight. But i decided to get back up... Just dust yourself off, tell yourself no matter what your going to do this! This time will be different! Keep positive! When ever you get a thought like that, catch it and change it into something positive! Its just one day! It reminds me of a Bible verse... Usually nights are the worst for me "...Weeping may go on all night, but joy comes with the morning." Psa 30:5 Nights may be tough, but morning always comes. A new day!!
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    Hang in the Nike! It has helped me to no longer say "I'm starting all over again". Now I tell myself, I'm just picking up where I left off... it's a continuous and challenging journey.

Good Luck! :heart:
  • memeburke
    memeburke Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi There, I've been there too. You have to remember today is a new day. Let the past stay and put new goals in your head. Everyone Slips oncein awhile. Shirley
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    It was my b'day yesterday and my wife and I went out and we drank a whole bottle of wine, had cheese and crackers, a good meal and dessert. I too was waaay over my limit and this morning my little voice was playing havoc with me all during my work out routine. I suppose the best way to view it is to listen to the voice in there and know that it's a reminder that you haven't lost control and that voice is your safety valve to let you know that you did wrong. The thing is to not let your mind listen to it and let you down. It's all a mental game.

Hang in there you can get through this by being good today.. but not too good :wink:
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    Just pick yourself back up and keep on going! Every now and then our bodies crave certain things because we're eating right and exercising (I swear I am hungry every hour now that I've amped my work out! :tongue: ), but just remember--that was yesterday, and today is a new day! Be sure to do a pantry/cabinet clean out so that you're not tempted by not-so-good-for-you foods! Chips..:mad: donuts...:mad: ...cookies...:mad: ! Kick 'em to the curb! I cleaned out my pantry this weekend, and restocked it with healthy cereals, whole grain pasta, 100 calorie snacks, apple sauce, fat free pudding snacks, and plenty of Wyler's to drink---I used to be a Kool Aid fiend!!:laugh: And my kids didn't fuss to much, either, because they need to eat healthier, too! :bigsmile:
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Oh y'all gonna make me cry, full moon again :wink: Thanks so much!!! This really is a "new" day!