my husband made a bet with me one year to 1000 bucks

Options
My husband has told me if i hit my goal weight in less than a year i get a thosand dollar shopping spree he even showed me the cash money. Now what advice can you offer and is it bad I am slightly hurt?

Replies

• RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    36 pounds in less than a year? Should be no problem at 1 pound a week!

Don't be hurt, you're going to get to take the money and go shopping! I would think that'd be awesome incentive. I know I'm stubborn as heck so if someone suggests I can't do it... you know I'm going to do it. You've got this.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah it really doesnt sound like much does it you know what i can :D screw him for saying i cant he will have to cough up the dough lol
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The ideal weight loss is usually 1-2 lbs a week. You should be able to comfortably loss 1 lb a week and still hit your goal within the year. Drink lots of water =) and eat lots of protein. Don't push yourself too hard if you are injured. If you push too hard and injure yourself more then you have to take time off of exercising or just moving. Walking is good but if you can't walk, swimming works too. Sometimes just stretching is good. Just make sure you are not injuring yourself more.
  • Baldylocks30
    Baldylocks30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ohhh hunnie definitely don't be hurt by it, he has given you motivation the only way he knows how, it would certainly motivate me.

You can do this for sure, keep focused and you will be on that spending spree in no time at all :smile:
  • DanielleWatson83
    DanielleWatson83 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    well if your here you must want to do it for yourself ;-) so why not make him eat his words!! and shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah it really doesnt sound like much does it you know what i can :D screw him for saying i cant he will have to cough up the dough lol

Hubby bet me a dinner out for every A brought home (I had gone back to college part-time to get a new degree). We didn't eat out much so this was a huge treat. I got A's for most classes for 6 yrs. =) Needless to say, he hasnt done this again.

You can do this!
  • meeper123
    Options
    Thanks guys i am going too maintain my workouts and up the intenisty and eat better :)
  • meeper123
    Options
    He said he never thought i couldnt just wants too see me hit my goal
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Your husband is awesome, he knows you can do it, he is just offering you an incredible incentive.

You are one heck of a lucky gal. :flowerforyou:
  • stargazer008
    Options
    36 lbs in a year is definitely doable! You go girl!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, the closer to goal you get the slower you will start to lose. While a pound a week is ideal, once you get closer to 15-10 lbs away from goal, it will be ideal to then drop to .5 loss a week.

But, your goal is totally possible. I would bring in some heavy weight lifting if you haven't already. That is a good way "up the intensity".
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Before my pregnancy I lost 32 lbs in 5 months and if ican do it so can you! :)
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    That is really cool!!! He is being supportive in one way. Now just don't let him tempt you into eating wrong or missing workout so he doesn't have to pay up. You can do it if you really want to!! Go for it!! I wish I had that kind of support.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    That's $27.77 per pound.

Maybe you could go double or nothing if he doesn't do XXXX that he says he's going to do :tongue:
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Your husband is awesome, he knows you can do it, he is just offering you an incredible incentive.

I agree with this. Whatever motivation works to keep you making healthy choices! :happy:

Exercise, log your food and maintain a healthy caloric deficit and you'll have a new wardrobe in a year.
  • meeper123
    Options

I agree with this. Whatever motivation works to keep you making healthy choices! :happy:

Exercise, log your food and maintain a healthy caloric deficit and you'll have a new wardrobe in a year.

He is even offering to help me do weights since i suck at them lol i really am indeed
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Just saw you're at FtWW; I'm in FBKS. Being active is so much easier once all this snow melts! Good luck to you!
  • Netwalks
    Netwalks Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Tell him it's double or nothing! You can do it!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Uh, sometimes husbands try to be motivational but don't/can't seem to do or say the right thing. Give him the benefit of the doubt. And save a few bucks to buy a little toy crow and tell him he has to EAT IT!!!
  • Sunnyid1
    Sunnyid1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That sounds more like a husband. He didn't mean that he didn't think you couldn't. He's giving you incentive to Do it. My husband hasn't offered to buy me a new wardrobe if I lose all 50lbs. So, don't feel bad he has put cash up front for you. It's a man's way of offering an incentive. Not for a woman to get upset he thinks you can't, or need to or what ever will run through your mind. :) Take it for what it was and Good Luck! Sounds like you have a great man standing behind you.