Starting Tomorrow and Needing Friends!

Options
No - really I am starting this time!!

My name is Jenny, I am 26 and live in England. I work full time in an office and am also a part time carer. I have at least 60 pounds to lose. :( It is shocking that I have let myself get so overweight - I must have realised. My clothes kept getting tighter but I stayed firmly in denial.

I really need to take control and just get fit and healthy. I am so sick of feeling so fat and unfit. I want to feel like I am 26! My weight and how I feel about my appearance is holding me back. It keeps me scared and too timid to try new things.

It just sickens me that I had this healthy body and I ruined it through laziness and greed. There are people born with physical issues through no fault of my own and yet I created my own.

I want to get strong and fit and to a healthy weight. Not just thin - doesn't appeal to me - I want to be able to run and lift weights! I am a wimp and weakling but I am going to toughen up.

If you made it through all that rambling well done!! :) Add me as a friend if you want to motivate and be motivated in return! I am determined to do this and to log in every day.

Replies

• tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Baldylocks30
    Baldylocks30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i'm starting again tomorrow too chick :smile:
  • littlehawkowl
    littlehawkowl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again too, but I've been at it now for a little over a week. Good luck!!
  • ac7ss
    ac7ss Posts: 15
    Options
    I think everyone starts every day. I have been starting every day since the end of November. Welcome!
  • Sharonsja
    Sharonsja Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    April the 1st is a good as any to start afresh - i'm with you
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    With u hun if I can help I will add sent xx
  • boubouba
    boubouba Posts: 10
    Options
    You can do it! I'd be happy to follow and support you!
  • daniella4scorpion
    Options
    welcome and lets be friends!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you on board!

(Personally, I was born ready) :laugh: *love to be cheesy* :blushing:
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    It is easier if you think of it as losing one pound at a time..small goals each week...they will add up. Good luck We will root for you here. Just don't give up.:bigsmile:
  • fireflye38
    fireflye38 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, just thought i would say hello,and welcome. i also live in england. If you would like to add me as a friend then please do so. And i will try and encourage as much as i can. We all need a little help now and then.
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    I think everyone starts every day. I have been starting every day since the end of November. Welcome!

I agree every day IS a new start...
  • tweetiejovi
    tweetiejovi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    proper back on it tomorrow as feed up of comfort eating 9lost my dad 2 weeks ago
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    You can add me tomorrow ... I'll be your April Fool :tongue:
  • Irishspitfire
    Irishspitfire Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am starting over again tomorrow too. Try not to beat yourself up too much, you'll get there!
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi i am starting tomorrow too, i did so well and then had a bit of a lapse but tomorrow is a fresh day
  • tabithacate
    tabithacate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny,

I am from the UK and 21. I set a goal for 70pounds so we are going for around the same goal. It sounds bigger than it is! But it is achievable. I have 47pounds to go.
    I have been naughty with my food for the past 3 days so I will be starting tomorrow as well, hopefully we can help each other :)
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i felt the same as you, feeling awful and hating life and really hating myself for having gained this much weight. i started 6 weeks ago, and have already dropped 15lbs by eating right. i still have yet to hit the gym..but i know thats coming.

you can do it. my best advice is to be on the forums as much as you can, and log EVERYTHING you eat. drink TONS of water and never give up. walk when you can, move as much as you can, and get rid of anything in the house that will tempt you to eat it ALL.

its all about portion control. you can eat the foods you like, and dont have to suffer.

congrats on finding yourself again. !!

**edit**
    i also work in an office, and found id never leave for lunch and eat at my desk. i now still eat my lunch at my desk, but i then use that hour to walk for 60mins. its helped tremendously!
  • deerondrugs
    Options
    Good luck, I try to keep motivating and commenting peoples' progresses, it motivates me :)
    Added you as a friend.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    You got this :)