Paleo Diet is a lie, UMAD?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sourpusscandy
    Options
    Yes Aliens, they can be used to explain any unexplained phenomenon.
  • mandabrett
    mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't care if the term is accurate. I eat paleo/primal because I have ibs and my body like it. I feel like most of the paleo community also found the lifestyle due to medical conditions. The standard American diet is unhealthy for me and results in my spending my life in the toilet. Healthy for me is paleo. Maybe not for you. Your choice.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    The Omnivore's Dilemma is about the only "diet" I agree with and it's not a diet.

Basically just talks about we should eat like our Grandfathers and Great grandfathers did.

The whole paleo thing IMO is a bunch of crap for reasons stated in above posts.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I don't think the video is necessarily saying that diets based on paleolithic humans are a lie, but more-so stating the fact that you are not truly eating like a paleolithic person and the impossibility of it in modern times. I eat primal and in the Primal Blueprint, he states pretty clearly that you are extracting the useful information from the diets of our distant ancestors and adapting a modern diet as best as possible. I also didn't care for her explanation of how humans are not adapted in any way to eating meat. I mean, the fact that we CAN eat meat, mostly without ill effect, and our systems are identical to neither herbivores nor carnivores, is some indication we have adapted to eat meat, no?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    The Omnivore's Dilemma is about the only "diet" I agree with and it's not a diet.
    Cool, is that based in game theory? Like if I defect and you cooperate then you get stuck with a carrot and I get a steak. But if we both cooperate then we each get a smaller but well balanced meal?
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Most people who eat "paleo" are eating a diet based on the paleo era and not the crud that is labeled "The Paleo Diet" and most of them from what I can see, strive to eat that way at least 80%, meaning they can have non-paleo foods sometimes also. It's not a diet based on strictness, it's based on finding what works for your body and makes it feel better. That's why some paleo peeps do dairy and some don't. That's JMO.