Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Brown Bagging It

Hey all,
I'm sooooo tired of my regular turkey sandwich I have everyday at work. Any other good, easy, fast things you guys take for lunch?

Thanks
Jen

Replies

• leftovers from dinner is the fastest:)

soup

potato w/ melted cheese or dressing

salad w/ ham and cheese kind of like an antipasto

flatouts w/ shredded cheese and veggies in the oven
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    I like to make tuna using those Starkist creations (herb & garlic; sweet & spicy). I just make a batch the night before (I use fat free mayo; a hard boiled egg, some onion & green peppers -- or some relish). One batch for me usually last 2-3 days, depending on how you eat it (like in a sadwhich). I usually don't have bread but eat it on top of lettuce or just by itself with a some string cheese or crackers.

You can make chicken salad too!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    bumping for later :smile:
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    I have a turkey sandwich most days but sometimes instead of my usual 1/2 slice of provolone cheese, I have a slice of Amish Pepper Cheese - that spices it up a bit. Sometime I make egg salad with light mayo and a couple green olives. I have been having my sandwiches on Arnold or Pepperidge Farm sandwich thins - I like them better than any kind of "diet" or light bread I have tried. They are 100 calories each. I usually have half of a red, yellow or orange pepper sliceswith my sandwich too - I think them a lot better than carrots or celery.
  • alexia99
    alexia99 Posts: 37 Member
    Try a california roll, or wonton sup. Wraps are good with leftover chicken and veggies and even some tzatziki sauce or frozen weight watchers entree's...:smile:
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Do you have access to a microwave? If so, you could do any number of salads with a meat on top (e.g. grilled chicken, taco salad). Just keep the stuff you want to nuke in a smaller separate container and dump it on top when it's hot.
  • I like a slice of Ezekial Bread toasted with cashew butter and sliced pink lady apple on top. It's like a grown up PB*J sammie but it's crispy from the apple and toasted bread. I'll eat that with 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese and a 100 cal pack of those mint fudge petites.

I also eat Campbell's Savory Pot Roast Soup.

Do you have a Noodles & Company nearby? Try their Med Salad. A small is 150 calories and it's SO SO SO good.
  • Last night we grilled chicken so I kept half a breast and cut it up to top a salad today. I also love to make a chicken salad with reduced mayo (just enough to make it salad-y) and celery, cashew halves and then put it in a pita bread pocket.

I also sometimes like to do small things like, celery with peanut butter or reduced cream cheese and a sprinkle of season salt, maybe fruit with cottage cheese or some triscuits with a slice of reduced fat cheese and a piece of fruit.
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    I love making a lettuce wrap. Take 1lb lean turkey and cool with 1 onion and add sesame sauce or teryaki sauce. Add fresh cucumbers, bell peppers, carrors and anything else you want.

Then, take it to work in a glass container, warm it up and wrap it in a pieve of lettuce and it is delish!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    tuna melts
    chef salads
  • Whole Wheat Wraps are my fav!!!

~La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortillas...flip a few times on the stove to crisp it up a little or sometimes it gets a little wet and soft with all the stuff on it...
    1/2 avacodo...sliced
    2 tbps Hot salsa
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    cheddar cheese...little but sprinkled on
    romaine lettuce

Really this is too big to "wrap" up so I just fold it in a half

You could put anything you like in a wrap...YUMMY
  • sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    I do either a tuna sandwich or an egg salad sandwich. For the egg salad sandwich I use 1 whole and 2 wgg whites, 1 tblsp. light mayo and 1 tbls. relish and a dash of pepper. I leave the tuna or egg salad in a tupperware and put two pieces of bread or a bagel thin in a ziplock and out the sandwich together at lunch time so the bread doesn't get soggy. I allow myself one Leane Cuisine for lunch a week. Low calories, but the sodium is high , so I try to stick to just one. I always have fruit in hand (usually strawberries, rasberries, black berries or grapefruit) I don't wash the fruit until it's time to eat it so that the flavor doesn't get lost.
  • bump
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    I make a salad with spinach, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, tomatoes, onions, fresh mozzarella and sliced almonds with a low fat vinaigrette. It keeps me full a long time and very tasty.
  • SarahAlt
    SarahAlt Posts: 44
    I keep a jar of peanut butter in my cubby and some days I'll take a banana and two slices of bread and for lunch I make a peanut butter banana sandwich. Also, I like to grab sushi from the kroger that's half a block away, they have a stand that makes fresh and fairly affordable sushi every day. OR, the night before you can mix up some spicy mustard, onion/garlic, olive oil in a skillet, when it's hot, add some shredded chicken or turkey or tear up whatever kind of deli meat you prefer and stir. Then put it on a bun of your choice and add some cheese if you like. wrap in it tinfoil and pop it in the oven for 10 mins at 300. If you have a toaster oven at your workplace you can heat it up for lunch or you can eat it cold. Have carrots or fruit or whatever you like as a side.