Am I doomed?

Options
Just had Easter Sunday lunch and now my dress belt has gotten tighter! Basically, that means I ate way to much and my stomach has puffed out! In attempt to know, I logged everything and its hitting around 1300 calories so far for the day. Might not be having Dinner tonight!

Should I just accept the fact that the scale is going to increase tomorrow morning and call it a day? Haha

Replies

• JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    the scale may increase for tomorrow - have a light dinner, full of healthy veges!

Don't weight yourself tomorrow if its going to be a huge deal and make sure you burn lots of cals tomorrow or tonight
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    One day does not a diet make...enjoy yourself with your family and stay sensible...going over one day will probably reflect in the scale as water weight gain...you are not doomed...get back to it tomorrow with no guilt...
  • dietkat
    dietkat Posts: 17
    Options
    Eat something light if you feel hungry, and then get back on track tomorrow. I always find that if I have a day where I don't eat as healthy, the next day I'm really happy to have my normal food because it makes my body feel better. If I'm really concerned about the number on the scale, I'll just give myself a day or two to eat normally and then weigh myself.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Seriously???

You would have to eat 3500 calories over your maintanence to gain a pound. Not sure what you weigh, but realistically, your dinner would have to be four times as calorie dense as your lunch before you gained that pound in fat.

More likely you are going to see water retention due to the high amount of salt in most restraunt foods. Just drink water, flush it out and wait a couple days.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    One dinner isn't going to make you fat, any more than one salad is going to make you skinny.
  • McShell12
    McShell12 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    One dinner isn't going to make you fat, any more than one salad is going to make you skinny.

This is awesome!!!!!!!!! I am going to remember this!!!!!! Thanks!!
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    In the words of Private Frazer, 'We're doomed, I say. Doomed!'

However, in the words of Corporal Jones, 'Don't Panic Mr Mainwaring, don't panic!!'

And unless you live in the UK and watched Dad's Army, that will mean practically nothing!!

The point is, look at the greater picture and try to recover it over the next weekly average. Going over a bit once a week isn't going to make a difference. Going over 3 or 4 days a week every week will.
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    One day does not a diet make...enjoy yourself with your family and stay sensible...going over one day will probably reflect in the scale as water weight gain...you are not doomed...get back to it tomorrow with no guilt...
    No one can doubt the wisdom of this comment.